Recently published research from Verdict Research, "Value Clothing Retail in the UK | Verdict Market Report", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/20/2012 -- Growth in value clothing expenditure will slow substantially in the five year period to 2012, with limited household disposable income restricting discretionary purchases. However, 27.6% growth is a resilient performance, with the key contributors - Primark, Sainsbury's and H&M - increasing their store presence and improving ranges encouraging consumers to spend despite tight purse strings
- Provides data and insight on market size, sales and growth rates for value clothing overall and at sub-sector level, helping to plan range development
- Provides expenditure breakdown across the value, midmarket and premium sectors highlighting to you the areas which offer the most growth potential
- Market issues are examined; space and international development, consolidation and multichannel, improving awareness of challenges and opportunities
- Value clothing expenditure forecast to 2016 and analysis of overall clothing volume growth and inflation, aiding future planning and strategising
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
For the first time, from 2014, we forecast growth in value clothing expenditure to underperform the overall clothing market. A gradual shift in shopping habits of consumers making more considered purchases and wanting better value for money through quality and product design will result in a proportion of consumers trading up to midmarket players
Despite the lower costs associated with OOT, high street locations are much more desirable for attracting younger shoppers. While OOT stores remain important for catering to families, value players need to have a presence in high footfall locations to build retail brand awareness - particularly those with a high fashion offer which target 16-24s
Logistically, Europe offers more convenient expansion than in regions further afield due its closer proximity to the UK, similar seasons and westernised consumers wanting fashions similar to the UK's. European competitors would include C&A, H&M, Kiabi and TK Maxx so UK players must identify gaps in the markets to ensure successful launches
Reasons to Get this Report
- What proportion of sales will come from international markets by 2016? Which markets offer the most potential and which are the most risky?
- Should I be rolling out new space in an effort to drive sales, even though my space productivity is declining? What store format is most favourable?
- Which segments of the market offer the best growth potential? How is the premium/luxury sector performing considering restricted disposable incomes?
- Which retailers will gain the most market share in 2012, and which are expected to be the greatest share losers and why?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research