Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/30/2013 -- In Venezuela, the recent devaluation of the bolivar will weigh heavily on the import-dependent consumer, and we therefore forecast real private consumption growth to slow sharply from 7.0% in 2012 to 2.0% in 2013. Indeed, we are forecasting real GDP growth in Venezuela to halve in 2013, driven by a significant erosion in consumers' purchasing power due to the devaluation.
Headline Industry Data (US$)
- Per capita food consumption forecast to 2017 = -7.55%.
- Alcoholic drink sales forecast to 2017 = -7.20%.
- Soft drink sales forecast to 2017 = -3.6%.
- Mass grocery retail sales forecast to 2017 = -3.82%.
Key Company Trends And Developments
Immediate Effects of Currency Devaluation for Multinationals: After BMI's long-held expectation of a devaluation of the Venezuelan bolivar materialised in early February 2013, we anticipate a one-time loss on balance sheets and profit cuts for multinationals. Mexican-based Coca-Cola FEMSA, for example, has already warned that Venezuela's recent devaluation of its currency will have an effect on the company's financial results by increasing operating costs from dollar-denominated raw materials and reducing Venezuelan operating profits when translated into Mexican pesos. A number of other companies, including Colgate-Palmolive and Procter & Gamble have also said they will book charges tied to the move.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Greece Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Malaysia Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- United Kingdom Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Australia Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q2 2013