New Energy market report from Business Monitor International: "Venezuela Petrochemicals Report 2015"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/27/2015 -- Progress on the expansion of the Venezuelan petrochemicals industry has been slow and undermined by the government's policy in upstream sectors that provide feedstock and its general indifference to improving the investment climate .
Venezuela will be unable to move towards self-sufficiency under the current business environment in which the government has assumed a high degree of managerial control and intervention in the economy. There were high hopes that strong projected growth in oil and gas output would support investment in the petrochemicals industry, but these have largely been destroyed and expansion programmes are largely limited to fertilisers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Polymer shortages in recent years have had a detrimental impact on the Venezuelan market. Beset with operational problems and lacking capacity to satisfy local demand, Pequiven has increasingly had to rely on imports to fill the gap, causing more exposure to international price shifts. Reliance on imports has also raised the price of resin supplies for transformers, undercutting their margins and competitiveness, with Venezuelan plastics transformers paying the highest polyethylene prices in the region. In some circumstances, this has prompted a switch from low density polyethylene (LDPE) to linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE).
Key Trends And BMI Forecasts
- Growth in petrochemicals going forward will be focused on the fertiliser sector with projects announced that should raise urea production capacity by a third to 6.14mn tonnes per annum (tpa) by 2019.
- Refinery nameplate capacity is forecast to rise from 1.3mn barrels per day (b/d) to 1.5mn b/d as a result of the completion of the Batalla de Santa In?s refinery upgrade in 2016. This value is forecast to increase further when planned upgrades to the Puerto La Cruz/San Roque refinery complex and the El Palito complex are completed by 2017.
- In BMI's Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Index, Venezuela ranks eighth out of nine countries in the...
The Venezuela Petrochemicals Report has been researched at source, and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for key petrochemicals sub-sectors. The report also analyses the impact of regulatory changes, recent developments and the background macroeconomic outlook and features competitive landscapes comparing companies by products and services, sales, market share, investments, projects, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Venezuela Petrochemicals Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Venezuelan petrochemicals industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent petrochemicals industry forecasts to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Venezuelan petrochemicals market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Venezuelan petrochemicals sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Venezuela.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis, covering petrochemicals markets, regulatory changes, major investments, projects and company developments.
Structure, size and value of the industry sector; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Petrochemicals Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (both corporate and financial) in the regional petrochemicals market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points and is part of BMI's integrated Country Risk-Industry Rankings products.
Industry Trends & Developments
Evaluation of company and sector-wide developments, including key projects (as well as expansion plans), latest company financial details and proposed international ventures.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (2009-2012) and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecasts. Indicators include:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Taiwan Petrochemicals Report 2015
- Russia Petrochemicals Report Q1 2015
- Thailand Petrochemicals Report Q1 2015
- Colombia Petrochemicals Report 2015
- Philippines Petrochemicals Report Q1 2015