Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/24/2014 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of Victoza (Obesity) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 market report to its offering
Victoza (Obesity) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
After a more than decade-long dormancy, the obesity market is undergoing a revival with the advent of several novel therapies that will lend considerable visibility to this indication space. This includes the use of combination therapies that simultaneously target multiple pathways and regulate appetite control, as well as novel molecular entities with new mechanisms of action. Due to this growing pipeline of late-stage drugs, this market is expected to experience substantial growth over the next decade. The main drivers of growth will be a large overweight and obese population that need pharmacological intervention, the increasingly frequent prescription of pharmacological therapy as physicians make preemptive efforts to curtail disease progression with earlier treatment, as well as greater responsibility of third party payers for reimbursement and thus allow greater access of medications to patients.
Victoza was approved by the FDA in 2010 as a once-daily injection to treat type 2 diabetes in adults. It is also available in the 5EU, as well as in Canada, for the same indication and use. It is not expected to be a presence in the Japanese market, as Novo Nordisk has not indicated any plans for expansion there, or in the Brazilian market, as diabetic therapies in this market are OTC.
- Overview of obesity, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Victoza including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Victoza for the top seven countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, China and Canada
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for obesity.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Victoza performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Victoza from 2012-2022 in top seven countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, China and Canada)
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit