Fast Market Research recommends "Vietnam Information Technology Report Q1 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/21/2015 -- We maintain a positive outlook for the Vietnamese IT market in the latest update, but we highlight increased downside risk from a tightening of domestic credit conditions into 2015 as a result of a build up of bad debt. Credit markets could cause short - term disruption but our forecast for robust medium - term growth in Vietnamese IT spending remains in place, with a forecast for a compound annual growth rate ( CAGR ) of 12.6 % between 2014 and 2018. We expect growth will be driven by rising incomes, enterprise modernisation and the policy environment put in place by the government. We also highlight larger opportunities in the retail market where penetration of devices and services remains below the level in neighbouring markets, which vendors will be able to tap as incomes rise. Meanwhile, Vietnam 's development as an outsourcing destination is a significant medium - term factor, with the services segment expected to expand rapidly. T here is also increasing momentum towards Vietnam becoming a global centre for electronics production as wages rise in China and manufacturers look to protect margins by moving to Vietnam , where wages are as little as a third of those in China.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: VND38.9trn in 2014 and VND43.0trn in 2015, rising to VND58.3trn in 2018, CAGR of +11.3% in local currency terms. Rising incomes and declining device prices, along with PC subsidy schemes, will support demand growth across all three main device categories over the medium term.
- Software Sales: VND10.1trn in 2014 and VND11.7trn in 2015, rising to VND17.9trn in 2018, CAGR of +16.1% in local currency terms. There are considerable opportunities in business software and security solutions for vendors willing to accept narrow margins in a price-sensitive market.
- IT Services Sales: VND14.2trn in 2014 and VND16.4trn in 2015, rising to VND25.1trn in 2018, CAGR of +15.1% in local currency...
The Vietnam Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Vietnam Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Vietnam.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for Vietnam to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Vietnamese IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Vietnam's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Vietnam.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the IT sector and within the broader telecommunications, political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecast
Historic data series (2010-2013) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry and economic indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
- IT Sector: Industry value (USDmn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (USDmn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (USDmn); PC, peripherals and software sales (USDmn); number of PCs (?000); PCs per 100 inhabitants; internet users (?000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (?000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
- Economy: Economic growth (%); nominal GDP (USDbn); unemployment (%); interest rates (%); exchange rate (against USD).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Kingdom Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Canada Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Saudi Arabia Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Information Technology Report Q1 2015