New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Vietnam Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/23/2014 -- The attractiveness of Vietnam's pharmaceutical market is steadily increasing. Whil e structural challenges remain, such as the country's increasingly ageing population and under-capacity in terms of healthcare infrastructure and personnel , growth in expenditure is supported by a significant disease burden, the new insurance law, introduction of new products, more corporate investments and better regulations.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: VND69,297bn (USD3.30bn) in 2013 to VND80,680bn (USD3.92bn) in 2014; +16.4% in local currency terms and +19.1% in US dollar terms. Forecast unchanged from previous quarter.
- Healthcare: VND222,374bn (USD10.57bn) in 2013 to VND254,491bn (USD12.37bn) in 2014; +14.4% in local currency terms and +17.0% in US dollar terms. Forecast unchanged from previous quarter .
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Vietnam's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Rating (RRR) score for Q413 is 49.1 out of the maximum 100 in our newly improved RRR system. The country scored above average for some indicators and sub-indicators, including overall market expenditure, sector value growth and pensionable population. Consequently, with this moderate score, Vietnam is ranked 11th behind India out of the 19 key markets in Asia Pacific.
Key Trends And Developments
- In July 2014, data from the General Statistics Office shows that the consumer price index (CPI) for 'medicines and health services' increased by 5.65% for the 12 months to June 2014. While this figure is still above the 4.98% for 'all goods and services', it represents a return to equivalence that will be welcomed by manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, regulators and consumers. Between mid-2012 and mid-2013, the prices of medicines in Vietnam experienced extreme price rises, sometimes more than 60% higher than the same month in the previous year. The two-year period of extraordinary medicine price rises in Vietnam is over.
- In June 2014, Vietnam's National Assembly passed...
The Vietnam Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Vietnam Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Vietnamese pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Vietnam to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Vietnamese pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Vietnamese pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Vietnam.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- China Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Estonia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Canada Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Bangladesh Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014