New Business market report from Business Monitor International: "Vietnam Real Estate Report Q1 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/11/2014 -- We believe that despite the continuing soft economy and domestic tensions surrounding the election, Vietnam's commercial construction outlook is positive and driven by the rising demand for industrial, retail and office real estate space. In turn new construction projects are boosting the existing real estate sectors offering new, modern developments. However, as our forecasts show, these developments are having a negative effect on rates in some areas as new capacity becoming available is driving down rates in the short term.
After largely succeeding in its efforts to curb inflation, the Vietnamese National Bank has relaxed interest rates from a historic high of 15% to 7% as of July 2013. Efforts to reduce capital controls and lending restrictions have met with mixed success as the government continues its efforts to attract foreign investment through industrial park (IP) and Economic Zone (EZ) development.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
While office and industrial rents have remained low through 2013, demand for retail space has outstripped supply and has outperformed other sectors as an increasingly middle income urbanised class boosts overall consumption rates. Top priorities through 2014 will be economic, increasing GDP growth and attracting more diversified sustained investment, as the market continues to relax restrictions on property and firm ownership.
Latest data from the Vietnam General Statistics Office reveals that the construction sector grew by 5.8% in real terms in 2013, faster than the -1.0% and 2.1% print in 2011 and 2012 respectively. This is in line with our view that the recovery in Vietnam's construction sector will be sustained in the next few quarters.
Moreover, the revision of the land law to curb compulsory government land purchases for socio-economic development, which takes effect on July 1, will encourage investment and project developments in the future, as it improves the regulatory environment and makes Vietnam a safer and more attractive proposition for construction firms and property developers.
- International freight services provider Zenith Global Logistics has expanded its warehousing facility in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, according to the Journal of Commerce. The facility was expanded as part of the company's effort to ensure it is able to keep up with the increasing demand for humidity-controlled warehousing space in the region. The facility, which will house goods and cargoes destined for the US, covers 7,500m2.
- In the non-residential building sector, we have seen a recovery in Vietnam's manufacturing production activity, with the HSBC Purchasing Index above 50.0 level since September 2013 (a signal of expansion in the manufacturing sector), the growing domestic demand for manufacturing goods could increase demand for non-residential buildings to support production activity.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Business research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Singapore Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- South Korea Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- United States Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- Peru Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- Croatia Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- Philippines Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- Czech Republic Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- Greece Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- Bulgaria Real Estate Report Q1 2014