Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/23/2013 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of Viking Energy to Acquire 66.7% Interest in Joint Oil Block from Sonde Resources - the Deal will Enable Sonde to Explore the Potential of the Joint Oil Block Deal Analysis from GlobalData market report to its offering
Viking Energy to Acquire 66.7% Interest in Joint Oil Block from Sonde Resources - the Deal will Enable Sonde to Explore the Potential of the Joint Oil Block Deal Analysis from GlobalData
Viking Energy North Africa Limited (Viking) acquired a 66.67% interest in the Joint Oil block from Sonde Resources Corp. (Sonde). Under the terms of the agreement, Viking Energy will pay Sonde in total a US$3MM non-refundable signature bonus; will assume responsibility for the three well exploration commitment; and will fund 100% of the Joint Oil block share of the unit plan of development for the Zarat field. The transaction is subject to Viking (or one of its affiliates) providing Sonde with a corporate guarantee sufficient to offset the current US$46.6MM guarantee for the potential penalties in respect of the three well drilling commitment; and Joint Oil Company (which is jointly owned by the governments of Tunisia and Libya with stakes of 50% each) consenting to the transfer of the interest to Viking and the naming of Viking as operator of the joint oil block.
- Rationale behind Viking Energy acquiring 66.7% interest in Joint Oil Block from Sonde Resources.
- To understand the rational about how the deal will enable Sonde to develop the Zarat field and explore the potential of the Joint Oil Block through a joint venture.
- Geography Covered- Tunisia and Libya.
Reasons to buy
- Develop a sound understanding about how the farm-out by Sonde will enable it to develop the Zarat field and explore the potential of the Joint Oil block in partnership with Viking.
- To know more about the Joint Oil Block which lies in a rich producing area in offshore Tunisia and Libya.
- To have an understanding about how the deal will enable Viking to expand its existing oil asset base in North Africa.
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit