New Software research report from MindCommerce is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/03/2014 -- Virtualization within a computing context refers the act of creating a virtual version of a resource including, but not limited to a virtual computer hardware platform, operating system (OS), storage device, or computer network resources. Hardware virtualization or platform virtualization refers to the creation of a virtual machine that acts like a real computer with an operating system. Virtualization software enables abstraction of code and related controls and data.
Various technologies are involved in virtualization including those that allow for interface between platforms over an Application Programming Interface (API). One such API and technology is Software Defined Networking (SDN) which allows network administrators to manage network services through abstraction of lower level functionality.
Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) is an industry-wide initiative that has captured the imagination and commitment of the telecommunications industry in the past year. The business motivation for NFV is largely reduction in capital expenditures (CapEx), operational expenses (OpEx), and improvement in service velocity and the potential to improve customer experience.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This research evaluates virtualization within the context of Cloud computing, Network Infrastructure, Software Services and Platform Services. The report includes analysis of virtualization opportunities and challenges, use cases, predictions, and forecast through 2014 for the special case of virtualization within telephony: Network Function Virtualization (NFV).
- Forecast for Network Function Virtualization
- NFV use cases, future vision, and predictions
- Understand the role of virtualization in the cloud
- Identify opportunities for virtualization in SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS
- Identify virtualization operational challenges and opportunities
- Telecom service providers
- Security solutions providers
- NFV technology/solution vendors
- Content and application providers
- Datacenter and hosting companies
- Cloud services (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) companies
- Companies involved with SDN and virtualization
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Software research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Managed Services Market [Managed Data Center, Managed Network, Managed Information, Managed Mobility, Managed Infrastructure, Managed Communications, Managed Security] - Global Advancements, Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Beyond Cloud Computing: Mobile Communications, Applications, Content, and Commerce in the Cloud
- Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) Market (Software Defined Storage (SDS); Software Defined Networking (SDN), Software Defined Compute/Server, Network Virtualization Security) - Global Advancements, Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Hybrid Cloud Market by Delivery Models (Saas, Paas, Iaas), by Cloud Management (Cloud Bursting, Cloud Orchestration), by Cloud Security (Network Security, Data Security, Physical Security - Global Advancements, Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Social Business Services in the Cloud: Market and Forecast Analysis 2013-2018
- Cloud Billing Market [By Solution (Billing of Cloud Services, Billing Services on Cloud), By Delivery (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), By Users (SMB, Enterprises)]: Global Advancements, Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013-2018)
- Community Cloud Market (By Components [Server, Storage Devices, Network Equipments], By Verticals [Healthcare, Finance, Government, Transport and Logistics, Gaming, Education]) - Global Advancements, Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018
- Government Cloud Market By Agency (Federal Cloud, State and Local Cloud, Defense & Military Cloud), By Delivery (Saas, Paas, Iaas), By Deployment (Public, Private, Hybrid, Community) Global Advancements, Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Cloud RAN Market (Radio Access Network) - by Components (Remote Radio Units, Optical Transport Network, BBU, Processors, Servers, Test & Measurement), by Services (Integration, Network) - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Service Delivery Platform (SDP) Market - Worldwide Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)