Waste to Energy Market by Technology (Thermal and Biological) - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2017-2023
Portland, OR -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/01/2017 -- The global waste to energy market was valued at $32,567 million in 2016, and is projected to reach at $54,179 million by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.6% from 2017 to 2023. Waste-to-energy also abbreviated as WtE or energy-from-waste EfW is a process of energy recovery and the technique of generating energy in the form of heat or electricity from the primary treatment of waste. Most of the WtE processes produce heat or electricity directly through thermal combustion, or generate a combustible fuel commodity including methanol, methane, synthetic fuels, or ethanol.
Get Sample Copy Of Waste to Energy at: http://bit.ly/2xKfdLe
The market has witnessed significant growth opportunities globally, owing to increase in the demand for incineration processes and rise in public WtE expenditure. Moreover, increase in inclination of consumers toward efficient and easy WtE conversion techniques, such as incineration, further boosts the growth for this segment. The gasification segment is expected to register a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period. However, rise in concerns related to the environmental hazards associated with the incineration process is expected to affect the overall market growth in the developed and the developing countries. However, investments in R&D activities to ensure reliability in terms of environmental effects are expected to provide opportunities for growth in the future.
The global WtE market is segmented based on technology and geography. On the basis of technology, it is bifurcated into thermal and biological. The thermal segment is further categorized into incineration, pyrolysis, and gasification. The incineration segment is anticipated to register a significant CAGR during the forecast period. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players in the global WtE market have adopted various market penetration and growth strategies, such as mergers & acquisitions, with the local and established players. The key players profiled in the report include:
- Waste Management Inc.
- Suez Environment S.A.
- C&G Environmental Protection Holdings
- Constructions industrielles de la Méditerranée (CNIM)
- China Everbright International Limited
- Covanta Energy Corporation
- Foster Wheeler A.G.
- Abu Dhabi National Energy Company PJSC
- Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc.
- Veolia Environment.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The report provides extensive qualitative and quantitative analyses of the current trends and future estimations of the global waste to energy market from 2016 to 2023 to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Market estimations and forecast of the industry are based on factors impacting the market growth, in terms of value and volume.
- Competitive intelligence of leading producers and suppliers of WtE assists to understand the competitive scenario globally.
- The report provides extensive qualitative insights on the significant segments and regions exhibiting favorable market growth.