Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/10/2014 -- Netscribes' latest market research report titled Water and Wastewater Management Market in India 2014 deliberates on the current disparity between demand and supply of usable water and mentions that wastewater management can be revolutionary, given its economic benefits and significance as a strategy for catering to the poor. In India, large volumes of wastewater that are discharged in an unprocessed manner by industries, enter the human chain and result in outbreak of water-borne diseases, contaminated water-related deaths and environmental degradation. While various policies are being drafted by the government to foster economic growth, an essential ingredient for progress of a country lies in mitigating water related woes and efficient water management. The report discusses India's current water condition and its wastewater treatment framework. While growing urban population and heavy rainfall calling for proper rainwater harvesting hints at wastewater treatment being a necessity, the prevalent truth is that India is lagging with regard to wastewater management.
Even the government's Twelfth Five Year Plan (2012-2017) states that an economic growth of 8-9% is possible only if water related requirements of the growing population are met. Although the industry is still at a nascent stage, government and industry bodies are increasingly looking at strategic policies to build more treatment plants and thereby, reduce wastewater and related environmental degradation.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Gammon India Ltd., Hindustan Dorr Oliver Ltd., Ion Exchange India Ltd., Ramky Infrastructure Ltd., SPML Infra Ltd., Thermax Ltd., Va Tech Wabag Ltd., Wipro Ltd., Jamshedpur Utilities & Services Company Ltd., Degremont Ltd., Veolia Water (India) Pvt. Ltd., Paramount Ltd., Driplex Water Engineering Ltd., Doshion Veolia Water Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Water and Waste Water Management Market in India 2013
- Aqua America, Inc. (WTR) - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Smart Water Management Market - Smart Water Meters, EAM, Smart Water Networks, Analytics, Advanced Pressure Management, MDM, SCADA, Smart Irrigation Management, Services - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Veolia Water - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market by Types (Disinfection: Chlorine, UV, Ozone; Filtration: Granular, Adsorption, RO, MF, UF; Desalination, Testing), By Applications (Municipal, Industrial), & By Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Hyflux Water Trust Management Pte Ltd - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- MWH Global, Inc. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- North America Water Storage Systems Market, By End Use, Application, Material Type & Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) - Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Aqua Pennsylvania, Inc. - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile