Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/18/2014 -- Water Desalination Equipment Market By Technology (RO, MSF, MED, others), By Application (Municipal, Industrial, Others), By Products (Membrane Systems, Pumps, Evaporators, Others), and By Geography (Europe, the U.S., Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and the Rest of the World) - Global Trends and Forecasts (2013-2018)
The demand for desalination as a substitute for fresh-water supply is growing constantly with its increased acceptance. The desalination process has found increased application in the municipal sector as well as the industrial sectors of oil and gas, chemicals, power, and others.
The desalination equipment demand has been estimated from the demand side in terms of value ($million). The report also discusses the drivers, restraints, and opportunities of the equipment market which is directly dependent on the global desalination market. The report also tracks the activities of dominant market players and the strategies adopted by them through their expansions, mergers & acquisitions, and new-product launches.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
DESALINATION EQUIPMENT MARKET SIZE ($MILLION)
Source: MarketsandMarkets Analysis
The above figure shows the desalination equipment market size ($million) for various geographies for 2013 and 2018. The Middle-East market is the most dominant with the largest market share at present. The growth of the desalination equipment market would be the highest for the Asia-Pacific region. The developed markets will show a comparatively low growth rate.
DESALINATION EQUIPMENT MARKET, BY APPLICATION ($MILLION)
Source: MarketsandMarkets Analysis
The above figure shows the desalination equipment market share by application type. Municipal, Industrial and other applications are the segments categorized for this market. Municipal application has the largest market share in the application market. The Industrial market for desalination is the fastest growing one owing to increased use of desalinated water in various industrial segments.
Major players in desalination are GE Water and Process Solutions (U.S.), Doosan Heavy Industries and Co. (South Korea), Acciona SA (Spain), Genesis Water Technologies (U.S.), and Koch Membrane Systems (U.S.), who enjoy dominant positions in the market.
In order to get an in-depth understanding of the competition in the market, the report gives a detailed profile of ten key players in the desalination equipment market along with their recent developments and other strategic industry activities. The segmentation adopted for the desalination equipment market in the report is as follows:
- Reverse Osmosis
- Multi-Stage Flash
- Multiple Effect Distillation
- Other Technologies
- Middle East
- Rest of the World
- Other Applications
By Product type
- Membrane Systems
- Other Equipment
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market by Types (Disinfection: Chlorine, UV, Ozone; Filtration: Granular, Adsorption, RO, MF, UF; Desalination, Testing), By Applications (Municipal, Industrial), & By Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Offshore Drilling Market By Services (Contract Drilling, Directional Drilling, Logging While Drilling), Applications (Shallow Water, Deepwater, Ultra-Deepwater) And Geography-Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Floating Production Systems Market - Global trends and forecasts to 2018
- Global Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market 2012-2016
- Fracking Chemicals and Fluid Market by Fluid & Well Type, and Chemicals (Acid, Surfactant, Biocide, Gelling Agent, Cross Linker, Breaker, Scale & Corrosion Inhibitor, Clay & Iron Control, Friction Reducer) - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Pressure Pumping Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Solar PV in India, Market Outlook to 2025, 2013 Update - Capacity, Generation, Levelized Cost of Energy, Equipment Market, Regulations and Company Profiles
- Solar PV in Italy, Market Outlook to 2025, 2013 Update - Capacity, Generation, Levelized Cost of Energy, Equipment Market, Regulations and Company Profiles
- Nuclear Power in France, Market Outlook to 2025, Update 2014 - Capacity, Generation, Deployment Trends, Investments, Power Plants, Regulations, and Company Profiles
- Nuclear Power in the UK, Market Outlook to 2025, Update 2014 - Capacity, Generation, Deployment Trends, Investments, Power Plants, Regulations, and Company Profiles