New Healthcare research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/13/2014 -- Weight management recorded 19% value growth to reach Won 932 billion in 2013. The category was over Won932 billion for the first time following such healthy growth. According to the Ministry of Health and Welfare, the obesity rate in South Korea was 24.1% in 2012, up from 21.6% in 2008. As the obesity rate is increasing, weight management also has shown healthy growth over the review period. However, Korean consumers prefer supporting products for losing weight rather than direct ingredients affecting weight loss. As a result, meal replacement sliming and other sliming products recorded value growth of 24% and 17% respectively, but weight loss supplements showed only 6% value growth in 2013. Other sliming products mainly consist of drinks which can boost fat oxidation during exercise.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Herbalife Korea Co Ltd maintained the leading position with a 64% value share in 2013. The company accounts for 91% of value sales in meal replacement slimming, and its dominance is predicted to continue. In South Korea, individual distributors of Herbalife products are aggressive in attracting consumers. Most distributors open shops where consumers can relax and enjoy a foot massage. Women aged 40-50 years visit the shops to chat with friends and they can experience Herbalife products. Consumers can try 10 Herbalife formulas including the shake mix for only Won30,000. This marketing strategy is considered very creative and successful in South Korea.
Weight management is expected to increase by a CAGR of 4% in constant value terms over the forecast period. Meal replacement slimming is going to increase by a CAGR of 4% in constant value terms, and weight loss supplements and other slimming products will grow by a CAGR of 3% in constant value terms respectively over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Slimming Products industry in South Korea with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Slimming Products industry in South Korea, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Slimming Products in South Korea market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Weight Management in South Korea
- Weight Management in South Africa
- North America Weight Loss/Obesity Management Market - [Meal Replacements, Slimming Centers, Nutrition & Psychological Consultancy, Treadmill, Ellipticals, Strength Training, Gastric Bypass, Intragastric Balloon System, StomaphyX] - Forecasts to 2017
- Weight Loss/Obesity Management Market - Global Forecasts To 2017
- Consumer Health in South Africa
- Weight Management in New Zealand
- Weight Management in India
- Weight Management in China
- Consumer Health in South Korea
- Weight Management in Pakistan