A premarital agreement, as the name suggests, is a contract between two people who are about to get married. It deals with their financial consequences in case they decide to end their marriage.
Miami, FL -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/20/2014 -- Marriage is definitely not a business. However, when it comes to creating a prenuptial agreement, one must understand the myriad of benefits it brings along for both parties entering into a wedlock.
It should not be considered as an exit strategy or a lack of faith in the relationship. It must be seen an a protection against unforeseen circumstances like divorce or death of a spouse.
When couples who do not have a prenup signed file for a divorce, they have to accept the divorce laws of the state. However, it is observed that people are not satisfied with the way these laws are enforced. They would rather prefer to take control of their own future. In such cases, getting a customized premarital contract signed under the guidance of a premarital agreement attorney makes sense.
The following are the advantages of signing a prenup:
1) A premarital agreement can be used to decide the upper limit of the amount paid in the form of alimony after divorce.
2) It can ensure that after the death of any of the spouse, his or her assets will be distributed as per his or her wishes.
3) Couples with an existing prenup have a stress-free property division.
4) If one is getting married to someone who has a significant debt load, a prenup can ensure that he or she is not responsible for the partner's debts in case their marriage ends.
5) A premarital agreement can ensure that the financial burden of raising their children is shared by both partners in a fair manner.
In order to ensure that the interests of both parties are being served in a fair manner, it is advisable for both to obtain their own Premarital Agreement Attorneys for legal counsel.
Also, when one is seeking to challenge a prenup, they must hire a professional, skilled, knowledgeable, and aggressive Premarital Agreement Attorney who can explore all possible weaknesses of the prenuptial agreement.
For help in creating such an agreement, couples can contact A. J. Barranco & Associates, Premarital Agreement Attorneys in South Florida. Their website is barrancolaw.com.
About A. J. Barranco & Associates
Premarital Agreement Attorneys in South Florida at A. J. Barranco & Associates have specialization in complex marital, family law and general trial practice. They possess an extensive experience in drafting airtight premarital agreements for their clients. One can contact them at barrancolaw.com.