Fast Market Research recommends "Wine in Uruguay" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/21/2014 -- In the last part of the review period, many domestic wineries started producing fine still red wine from varietals other than the traditional Tannat, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot or less traditional ones like Pinot Noir or Cabernet Franc. Shiraz, Tempranillo, Marselan, Touriga, Petit Verdot, Zinfandel and others are becoming increasingly present in wineries and retailers? shelves. This move proved successful in 2013 and contributed to the overall growth of the category as consumers of wine in the mid- and high-income levels were willing to try these new options produced either as single varietals or in combination with traditional ones.
Domestic producers of table wine dominated volume and value sales in 2013 as they have done traditionally in the past. The three leaders continued to be Traversa Hnos SA with Fais?n brand wines, Cirlon SA with its traditional VUDU wine and Vi?a Santa Teresa SA with its Santa Teresa brand. In VCP fine wines there are more than 200 domestic wineries spread through the country, most of them family enterprises with brand names well recognised by consumers of mid- and high-income levels and they remain trying to improve sales through quality, new varietals, pricing, redesigning of labels or a combination of all. C?sar Pisano e Hijos, Bouza, Don Pascual, Castillo Viejo, Irurtia, Vinos Finos Juan Carrau, Stagnari, Ariano, Filgueira, Varela Zarranz, Pizzorno are some of the brands most consumers will look for when purchasing a local VCP wine, though new brands like Bertolini & Broglio, Salto Chico, Artesana, Narbona, Altos de la Ballena or El Legado are also gaining the preference of wine-loving consumers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Fuelled by the recovery of still light grape wine, off-trade volume sales of wine are predicted to post a 3% CAGR over the forecast period, an improvement of more than five percentage points over the CAGR of the review period. In value terms at constant 2013 prices, off-trade sales will post a similar CAGR as the evolution of unit prices is expected to be very slow, but the improvement will be of almost nine percentage points. On-trade volume sales will have a more moderate improvement as the decline in sales during the review period was not too sharp.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Wine industry in Uruguay with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Wine industry in Uruguay, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Wine in Uruguay market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Wine in Uruguay?
- What are the major brands in Uruguay?
- How do sales of new world wine perform in comparisons to old world wine?
- Which countries are the main wine exporters and importers?
- Is wine mainly consumed in on- or off-trade channels?
- Have other sparkling wines like cava and prosecco benefited during the recession at the cost of Champagne?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Wine Industry in China, 2014-2018
- Wine in Italy
- Wine: North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide
- The Future of the Wine Market in Chile to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Wine Market in Denmark to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Wine Market in Israel to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Wine Market in the United States to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Wine Market in Italy to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Wine Market in Argentina to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Wine Market in Canada to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape