Portland, OR -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/19/2017 -- Alzheimers Market is a neurodegenerative disorder that mostly occurs with aging and is a leading cause of dementia. The global Alzheimers disease market has observed tremendous growth in the recent years, owing to the high prevalence of Alzheimers disease and increased life expectancy of population. Alzheimers is one of the leading causes of death in the United States, with more than 5 million Americans diagnosed with this dreaded disease, in year 2014. Presently, very few therapeutic alternatives are available in the market and none of them provide a complete cure for this condition. This indicates an impending market need that would provide lucrative growth opportunities to the industry players.
Early buyers will receive 20% customization on this report.
Rising old age population and higher incidences of neurodegenerative diseases are two significant factors that supplement the market growth. Moreover, increasing R&D investment and a large number of drugs in the pipeline are further expected to fuel the market growth. However, high cost of treatment and lack of transparent reimbursements are likely to curtail the market growth.
Alzheimers patients are generally diagnosed in the late stage, mostly due to delayed appearance of symptoms. Hence, developing the early diagnostic devices would be a significant challenge for the diagnostic device makers.
Get PDF of this Report @ https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-toc-and-sample/1441
The Alzheimers Disease Therapeutics and Diagnostics Market is segmented on the basis of therapeutics, diagnostics and geography. According to the therapeutics, the market is segmented into, marketed drugs such as Cholinesterase inhibitors and NMDA receptor antagonist, and Pipeline Drugs. On the basis of diagnostics, the market is segmented into Lumbar puncture test, Computed tomography (CT) scan, Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), Electroencephalography (EEG), Positron emission tomography (PET) scan and Others. Geographically, the market is segmented across four regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA.
The research collaborations and new product launches are some of the key strategies adopted by leading industry players. For instance, Actavis plc in collaboration with Adamas Pharmaceuticals Inc. recently announced the US FDA approval of Namzaric, a fixed-dose combination of memantine and donepezil. The drug is expected to be launched in the first half of year 2015. Further, in Jan 2015, Johnson & Johnson signed a research deal with a Swiss biotech firm AC Immune, to develop anti-tau Alzheimer's vaccines.
The companies profiled in this report include, Pfizer, Inc., Eisai Co., Ltd., Novartis AG, H. Lundbeck A/S, Forest Laboratories, Inc., TauRx Therapeutics Ltd, AC Immun, and Johnson & Johnson.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the Alzheimers Disease Therapeutics and Diagnostics Market is provided
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the current market and estimations through 20142020, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities
- An in-depth analysis of key segments of the market demonstrate the types of therapeutics along with the diagnostics that are currently used in the Alzheimers Disease market
- SWOT analysis highlights the internal environment of leading companies for strategy formulation
- The Alzheimers disease market scenario is comprehensively analysed in accordance to the key regions
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The Alzheimers Disease Therapeutics and Diagnostics Market is segmented below:
Alzheimers Disease Therapeutics and Diagnostics Market By Therapeutics
- Marketed Drugs
- Cholinesterase inhibitors
- NMDA receptor antagonist
- Pipeline Drugs
Alzheimers Disease Therapeutic and Diagnostic Market By Diagnostics
- Lumbar puncture test
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scan
Alzheimers Disease Therapeutics and Diagnostics Market By Geography
- North America