Portland, OR -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/20/2017 -- Uterine fibroid embolization (UFE) is an effective, non-surgical method used to treat uterine fibroids in the fertile women population. It is performed with the help of uterine fibroid embolization agents, delivered to the tumor by micro-catheters. Uterine fibroids are benign growths in the uterus that can be asymptomatic and seen during the fertile period. Depending on the size and location of the fibroid in uterus, it can cause pain and heavy bleeding during menstrual cycle and affect the ability of a woman to conceive. The embolization agents block the arteries supplying blood to the tumor and force them to shrink. It is the most common form of tumor found in female reproductive system and therefore it is now one of the rising concerns amongst women. The increased awareness about the uterine fibroids amongst women and popularity of minimally invasive procedure will drive the global uterine fibroid embolization market agents. In addition, the fact that UFE allows woman to preserve their uterus, otherwise not possible with full or even partial hysterectomy will further drive the market. Even though UFE is emerging as one of the most effective treatment available for UFE, side-effects such as infections, premature menopause, inflammation, and loss of menstrual periods can act as a barrier in the growth of the uterine fibroid embolization agents market.
Early buyers will receive 20% customization on this report.
Top uterine fibroid embolization agents considered in this report are gelatin sponge, polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) particles, trisacryl gelatin microspheres (TAGM), and polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) microspheres. PMMA microspheres received its FDA approval in 2014 for the use in the treatment of uterine fibroids and as they are more spherical and biocompatible in nature, they are expected to acquire the major share of the uterine fibroid embolization agents market in the future. Geographically, the report is segmented into four regions namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The major players for uterine fibroid embolization agents are Astellas Pharma, Nippon Kayaku, Pfizer, Boston Scientific Corporation, Merit Medical Systems, Inc. and Cook Medical. As few companies are present in the market, acquisitions and collaborations were seen in the past. In November 2015, Boston Scientific Corporation acquired the interventional radiology segment of the CeloNova Biosciences (sole manufacturer of the PMMA microspheres in the world) to establish itself as the strongest player in the interventional oncology business.
Get PDF of this Report @ https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-toc-and-sample/1508
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging trends in the world uterine fibroid embolization agents market.
- The market projections from 2014 to 2022 will be present in the report along with factors affecting the same.
- In-depth analysis of the market by geography would give an idea about the government regulations, which in turn would help in understanding the regional market.
- In-depth analysis of the market based on type would give a clear idea about the trending products to identify the market opportunities and plan product developments.
- The report also provides comprehensive analysis of drivers and constraints of the uterine fibroid embolization agents market.
- The key players are profiled in the report, and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading market players across geographies.