Recently published research from Markets and Markets, "Wound Care Market Current Trends, Opportunities & Global Forecasts (2011 - 2016)", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/02/2012 -- Wound Care Market (Traditional Wound Care, Advanced Wound Care, Active Wound Care, Negative Pressure Wound Therapy & Other Therapy Devices) - Current Trends, Opportunities & Global Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
A wound is an injury or break in the skin, generally a dissection of tissue or rupture of a membrane, due to external aggression or some involuntary activity other than disease. Wound care has evolved from traditional wound care, advanced wound care, active wound care to therapy devices. Traditional wound care includes products such as dry dressings, bandages, etc. Advanced wound care product constitutes of alginates, hydrogels, hydrocolloids and collagen. Active wound care products include skin substitutes and biological growth factors. The therapy device market consists of NPWT, HBOT, Whirlpool therapy, ultrasound therapy, ultraviolet, etc.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The wound care market is driven by increase in the ageing population, rise in chronic diseases (such as diabetes and hypertension), and technological advancements. The demand for portable and easy to use devices is expected to drive the growth of the wound care market in the coming years. At the same time, tissue-engineered products like skin substitutes and biological growth factors are expected to drive the market in the long term.
Rapid breakthrough in wound-healing technologies to develop cost effective treatment is expected to drive the growth of the market. Companies are now focusing on the introduction of advanced materials, methods, and active substances for the treatment of wounds. For example, Smith and Nephew launched in January 2012 a pocket-sized PICO system, a single use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) system, across the U.S., Europe, Canada, and Australia. The PICO system's one-button pump is easy-to-use and its small size and silent operation provides a discreet, unobtrusive way to carry on daily life with NPWT.
The U.S. constitutes the biggest market for wound care products and devices, followed by Europe, Asia and ROW. The rising number of chronic diseases and ageing population has boosted the demand for this market. The pricing and reimbursement issue is one of the major factors hampering the growth of this market. The Asian region is expected to witness moderate growth, mainly due to lack of reimbursement, forcing physicians and patient to opt for traditional treatment. The overall wound care market is also expected to foresee moderate growth - relatively higher growth will be seen in advanced wound care products, tissue engineered products, and negative pressure relief devices.
Major players in the wound care market include, Kinetic Concepts, Inc (U.S.), Smith and Nephew (U.K.), ConvaTec Inc (Luxembourg), Molnlycke Healthcare (Sweden), and Systagenix (U.K.).
Scope of world wound care market
Traditional wound care
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Oral Care Products & Other Dental Consumables Market Current Trends, Opportunities & Global Forecasts To 2016
- Dental Diagnostic & Surgical Equipment Market Current Trends, Opportunities & Global Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
- Wireless Health Market (WLAN, WMAN, WPAN, Sensors, Smartphones, Tablet PC, Mobile Apps) - Global Trends, Opportunities, Competitive Landscape & Forecasts to 2016
- Dental Implants & Prosthetics Market Current Trends, Opportunities & Global Forecasts To 2016
- Advanced Wound Management - Global Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
- Healthcare BPO Market - Payer (Claims processing), Provider (Medical Billing & Coding) and Pharmaceutical (Clinical trial & Contract manufacturing) Outsourcing - Global analysis & Forecasts (2011-2016)
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) - Global Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
- Home Healthcare Market Current Trends, Opportunities & Global Forecasts To 2016
- Life Sciences & Analytical Reagents Market Applications, Current Trends, Opportunities & Global Forecasts (2011 - 2016)