Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/09/2014 -- The biggest story of 2013 was the continuous decline of fortified/functional products. This phenomenon has to do with two interconnected factors: on one side, the emerging trends towards high quality and traditional products have led consumers to either indulging themselves or to prefer organic products. On the other side, the refusal of several health claims by the European Commission has further affected the category, as products previously labelled as pro/pre biotic yoghurt had to be repackaged without health claims.
With a 36% share, Danone NV/SA remained top of the category. For years Danone was the major trend-setter in the category and the biggest advertising spender. However, faced with the decline of fortified/functional and better-for-you variants, the company saw its value share decline in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
By the end of the forecast period, Belgian consumers are likely to have held to their opinion that yoghurt is not an essential part of their diet. The category is set to decline in value terms over 2014-2018. Value sales will be affected by the expected decrease in unit price as well as declining volume sales in certain categories.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks industry in Belgium with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks industry in Belgium, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks in Belgium market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks in Belgium?
- What are the major brands in Belgium?
- Which variety of yoghurt is performing better - spoonable or drinking?
- In the wake of recent controversies, what does the future hold for functional probiotic products?
Reasons to Get This Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Germany
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Colombia
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Macedonia
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Brazil
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Finland
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in the Czech Republic
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in India
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Romania
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Mexico
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Norway