New Food research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/30/2014 -- The review period witnessed a significant change in consumer behaviour. Italian consumers became increasingly suspicious of functional products, particularly pre/probiotic yoghurt, the previous growth driver in the category, and returned to simpler and more natural products. In any case, 2012 and 2013 were quite successful years for yoghurt and sour milk products, especially if compared with other dairy categories.
Danone is expected to remain the undisputed leader in yoghurt and sour milk products in 2013, with a 30% value share. Yoghurt is its core business; thus the company continues to be the trendsetter and the top spender on advertising in the category. Due to its leadership, it was unable to escape the sluggish performance in yoghurt during the middle of the review period, and the collapse of most functional products in 2012 and 2013, whilst Activia and Actimel were its previous growth drivers. However, most non-functional brands in Danone's wide portfolio continued to post growth in early 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Yoghurt and sour milk products is a mature category; thus more substantial growth will be difficult to achieve. Growth will nevertheless be driven by demand for products positioned as health and wellness, functional, organic, low fat and low lactose. Consumers will buy new flavours and flavour combinations which offer a new taste experience.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks industry in Italy with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks industry in Italy, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks in Italy market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks in Italy?
- What are the major brands in Italy?
- Which variety of yoghurt is performing better - spoonable or drinking?
- In the wake of recent controversies, what does the future hold for functional probiotic products?
Reasons to Get This Report
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Germany
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Colombia
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Macedonia
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Brazil
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Finland
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in the Czech Republic
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in India
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Romania
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Mexico
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Norway