Fast Market Research recommends "Baby and Child-Specific Products in Colombia" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/27/2014 -- Leveraging on increasing sophistication among consumers, greater segmentation of baby and child-specific products based on age, gender and socio-economic group, manufacturers of higher-end imported brands, such as Mustela, Burt's Bees, Palmer's and Babaria, are seeing growth opportunities supported by dynamic specialist beauty retailers (Fedco), specialist stores (Baby Ganga) and parapharmacies (Farmatodo and Locatel). Demographic changes are favouring sales of higher-end products. Consumers with higher disposable incomes and who are spending more on fewer children (based on declining birth rates) are seeking new and more sophisticated products besides traditional toiletries both for children and mothers. This is because the latter are seeking alternatives to treat stretch marks, skin reaffirmation and cracked nipples due to nursing. Mustela offers fairly sophisticated products, such as a moisturising cream, to deal with abrasions for the body as a whole and not just nappy/diaper rash. Babaria and Burt's Bees, as well as others, use naturalness claims to promote safer and softer products for babies and children.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Johnson & Johnson continues to be the undisputed leader in 2013 with its leading brands Johnson's Baby, Sundown and Desitin. The company introduced new developments in its hair care products with more options for detangling, dark hair, as well as traditional camomile baby and child-specific shampoo. Its slogan, "no more tears", has transcended across generations and is associated among consumers with quality and adequate products for babies and children. The company has also worked to leverage this recognition in its portfolio for adults comprised of products, such as Johnson & Johnson bar soap and Johnson & Johnson soft lotion.
The most renowned premium brands, such as Clarins and Clinique, are expected to be more active in products for mothers related with pregnancy and after giving birth, to deal with stretch mark prevention and treatment. Meanwhile, the higher end or premium brands in baby and child-specific care, such as Mustela and Burt's Bees, will definitely continue to have a presence in products for both mothers and babies and are likely to expand its consumer base over the forecast period. Growth will likely be constrained to a certain niche (clients of stores, such as Fedco, who have higher purchasing power), as those brands do not receive advertising by distributors and their availability will remain fairly limited. Some brand owners will start their own operations out of their distributors in order to expand their operations to other retailing channels.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Baby Care industry in Colombia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Baby Care industry in Colombia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Baby Care in Colombia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Baby Care in Colombia?
- What are the major brands in Colombia?
- What are the movements in unit prices across categories?
- What is the penetration of premium baby care products?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Baby and Child-specific Hair Care, Baby and Child-specific Skin Care, Baby and Child-specific Sun Care, Baby and Child-specific Toiletries, Baby Wipes, Medicated Baby and Child-specific Products, Nappy (Diaper) Rash Treatments.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Male Toiletries Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Haircare Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in Colombia to 2017
- The Future of the Skincare Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Make-up Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Feminine Hygiene Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Colombia to 2017
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Lithuania