New Consumer Goods market report from Euromonitor International: "Baby and Child-Specific Products in Indonesia"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/22/2014 -- Despite witnessing declining birth rates towards 2013, the birth rate in Indonesia which reached 17 births per 1,000 population in 2013 was considered high and baby and child-specific products remained attractive. New players therefore entered the category during 2013, aiming to take advantage of the robust sales growth of baby and child-specific products. They included a prominent player in beauty and personal care, Mandom Indonesia Tbk PT which collaborated with Rovio Entertainment Ltd to use the Angry Birds character in its new child-specific toiletries, skin care and hair care products. Meanwhile, Lafel Makmur Indonesia PT introduced a new premium brand from Australia, MooGoo, which are available not only for its baby and child-specific products, but also bath and shower and skin care.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Given the dominance of baby wipes in the sales of baby and child-specific products over the review period, the leading player in the category during 2013 was baby wipes player Megasari Makmur PT with its Mitu brand. Mitu is also known as the family brand, as Mitu Baby wipes could be used for babies and other family members. The wide acceptance of Mitu continued to generate a fixed consumer base and maintains Mitu?s dominating value share during the review period. In 2013, the company also expanded its consumer base by specifically targeting older children by launching Mitu Kids and it also came up with Mitu Sensitive for babies with sensitive skin problem. In 2013, the company registered value share of 30% in baby and child-specific products.
Throughout the forecast period, a likely tool used by companies will be to exercise more aggressive in-store promotions in the form of bundling with other products, to encourage sales of baby and child-specific products. As mothers are easily attracted to such ?freebies?, this strategy will be able to sustain volume sales growth of baby and child-specific products in the short-term. Furthermore, baby and child-specific products players may address marketing needs with below-the-line promotions as well. The topics covered might include children?s education and development, as this is perceived to be an effective method to win mothers? hearts. The forecast period will see more brand awareness activities conducted to promote brand loyalty towards the products.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Baby Care industry in Indonesia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Baby Care industry in Indonesia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Baby Care in Indonesia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Baby Care in Indonesia?
- What are the major brands in Indonesia?
- What are the movements in unit prices across categories?
- What is the penetration of premium baby care products?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Baby and Child-specific Hair Care, Baby and Child-specific Skin Care, Baby and Child-specific Sun Care, Baby and Child-specific Toiletries, Baby Wipes, Medicated Baby and Child-specific Products, Nappy (Diaper) Rash Treatments.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Lithuania
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in the United Arab Emirates
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Estonia
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Portugal
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Slovenia
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Norway
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Georgia
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Israel
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Denmark
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Belarus