New Food research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/03/2015 -- Population growth spurs rapid growth in baked goods in Nigeria since bread is a major staple and pastries have become the on-the-go snack of choice for urban commuters. And as consumers (whose incomes are generally growing) seek better quality products than the artisanal products that they are typically used to, value growth is driven by increase in demand for higher-quality products (such as Shoprite?s bread, which many people queue up for due to its perceived high quality). Therefore, packaged/industrial products continue to show faster growth in retail volume sales than unpackaged/artisanal alternatives thanks to rising disposable incomes, the growing desire for convenience among consumers leading increasingly busy lifestyles and improvements in distribution via chained supermarkets and hypermarkets outlets. There is also intense competition in the baked goods industry, which helps to drive growth; as more quality products are desired by consumers, there is an increasing variety of products being made available.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Artisanal producers continued to lead baked goods in 2013 and 2014, accounting for 36% of total current value sales in 2014. Aside from tradition, the main factor behind the enduring popularity of unpackaged/artisanal baked goods is that they are cheaper than packaged/industrial products. Additionally, unpackaged products tend to be more widely distributed in rural areas, where a large number of Nigerians live. UAC Foods is the top branded manufacturer in baked goods, with a value share of 13% in 2014. Thanks to its early-mover advantage, extensive distribution network and the high quality reputation of brands such as Nourish Loaf, Funtime and Gala, the company is the clear leader in packaged/industrial cakes and pastries, and ranks second in packaged/industrial bread.
Growth in retail value sales of baked goods over the forecast period is expected to be strong, with a constant value CAGR of 3%. This is due to expected strong population growth and further economic development in Nigeria. New launches, improvements in distribution, price promotions and other marketing activities will also help to sustain robust demand for baked goods. Sales of packaged/industrial products are expected to grow faster than those of unpackaged/artisanal products in all major baked goods categories over the forecast period. The general migration to packaged/industrial baked goods will be sustained by rising disposable incomes and the growing desire for convenience and variety among Nigerian consumers. New launches, particularly of healthier products, will also bolster demand for packaged/industrial baked goods, as will increasing price competition, marketing campaigns and the expansion of distribution networks by leading producers.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Baked goods industry in Nigeria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Baked goods industry in Nigeria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Baked goods in Nigeria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Baked goods in Nigeria?
- What are the major brands in Nigeria?
- How will increasingly volatile wheat commodity prices impact retail prices and sales performance?
- What are the market opportunities for high fibre products?
- Are consumers in developing markets moving from unpackaged/artisanal to packaged/industrial offerings?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Bulgaria to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Italy to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Venezuela to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Hong Kong to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Philippines to 2017