New Financial Services market report from MarketLine: "Barclays PLC: Reshaping a global bank"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/10/2014 -- In February 2013, Barclays CEO Antony Jenkins announced a new group strategy with the central aims of simplifying the bank's operations and boosting profitability. This case study looks at what the bank is doing to reshape its business, why it is taking such measures, and analyzes how its strategy compares to its competitors and industry trends as a whole.
Report Features and Benefits
Examines Barclays' global restructuring strategy and what it involves
Outlines the reasons for Barclays' decision to embark on a reshaping of its business
Looks at wider industry trends and the strategies adopted by rival UK banks
The plan, termed by Jenkins as a 'bold simplification of Barclays', involves the establishment of a 'non-core' operation consisting of assets that Barclays plans to run down or exit, a noticeable reduction in headcount, a scaling back of investment banking operations, increased automation of processes, and changes to the bank's branch network.
The decision to embark on an ambitious reshaping of the business is primarily a financial one, with the objective of delivering return on equity above the cost of equity on a sustainable basis. With some divisions and businesses performing well and others poorly, the bank's management has been forced to reassess its positions.
Barclays' decision to restructure is undoubtedly borne out of financial necessity, but it is far from groundbreaking. Rival banks, such as RBS and Lloyds Banking Group have taken similar steps as they also look to streamline, and some of the decisions are in fact being driven by changing trends within the banking industry.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Questions Answered in this Report
What is Barclays' New Group Strategy?
Why is Barclays' embarking on a reshaping of its global business?
How are wider industry trends driving Barclays' decisions?
What restructuring strategies are rival banks adopting?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mortgage Lending in the UK - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Barclays PLC (BARC): Company Profile and SWOT Analysis
- Barclays Bank of Botswana Limited (BARCLAYS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Barclays Bank of Kenya Ltd. (BARC) : Company Profile and SWOT Analysis
- Barclays Bank of Zimbabwe Ltd (BARC) - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Unsecured Loans to Business in the UK - Key Trends and Opportunities up to 2018
- Gatehouse Bank plc - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC (COMB.N0000) : Company Profile and SWOT Analysis
- The Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC (RBS) : Company Profile and SWOT Analysis