New Food market report from Euromonitor International: "Biscuits in Costa Rica"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/09/2015 -- The key development trends in 2014 were concentrated in the improved performance of relatively lagged categories, such as wafers (plain biscuits) and savoury biscuits in response to the increasing demand for dynamism amongst certain biscuit consumers, due to the extended positioning of sandwich and chocolate coated biscuits over the review period. The ongoing globalisation process of opening markets has continued boosting higher levels of competition. This has also benefited the incursion of international products and the further consolidation of a low-price orientated category (such as private label), with an increasing base of manufacturers developing a differentiated category including gluten free, European delicacies, thins and organic. As such, social networking and marketing efforts have been the main drivers behind the bestsellers, such as the recently introduced franchise Mrs Fields and the popular Oreo brand.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
C?a de Galletas Pozuelo remained the outright leader in sales of biscuits during 2014, accounting for a 62% share of retail value sales. This company benefits from economies of scale capacity and consolidated distribution systems, which enable it to achieve a good product portfolio rotation to compete with local and international manufacturers. Its emblematic Chiky brand, which enjoys a traditional top-of-mind positioning amongst local children, was extended to other dynamic categories. Kraft Foods ranked second with an 11% value share mainly due to its flagship brand Oreo, which strongly benefits from massive advertising campaigns.
Forecast trends are anticipated to continue developing in line with further levels of product segmentation given the ongoing polarisation trends, as well as increasing demand for economy (more generic) and health indulgence orientated alternatives, which could start to appeal to a wider base of consumers (low-calorie, sugar free, organic, high fibre content, reduced fat). Global manufacturers could continue concentrating on their flagship brands in order to consolidate their manufacturing, marketing and distribution systems, while also being capable of offsetting the negative perception towards sweet alternatives and maintaining their regular profit margins. Savoury biscuits and crackers is set to continue developing over the forecast period, showing higher levels of innovation and added-value alternatives, as changing consumption habits and hectic lifestyles continue driving the demand for snacks.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Biscuits industry in Costa Rica with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Biscuits industry in Costa Rica, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Biscuits in Costa Rica market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Biscuits in Costa Rica?
- What are the major brands in Costa Rica?
- How will increasingly volatile wheat commodity prices impact retail prices and sales performance?
- What are the market opportunities for high fibre products?
- How are biscuits manufacturers balancing consumer demand for both healthy and indulgent products?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Savory Snacks Market in Costa Rica: Databook to 2017
- Meat Market in Costa Rica: Databook to 2017
- Fish and Seafood Market in Costa Rica: Databook to 2017
- Savory and Deli Foods Market in Costa Rica: Databook to 2017
- Confectionery Market in Costa Rica: Databook to 2017