Fast Market Research recommends "Bottled Water in Romania" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/20/2014 -- Low purchasing power and the growth of the average unit price drove volume sales to marginal growth in 2013. The fact that the rural consumers, heavily affected by the loss of incomes, continued to rely on well water, free and perceived as natural, also translated to the weak volume performance of bottled water as the consumption base did not show noticeable changes. The perception of tapped water in large cities as being of lower quality because of treatment conducted to the value growth as the heaviest consumers of bottled water also enjoyed higher available incomes.
Romaqua Group was the indisputable leader of bottled water in 2013, accounting for a 33% off-trade value share. Its flagship brand Borsec also retained its supremacy with a 31% share. The company has maintained the leading position due to its excellent recognition amongst Romanians of all ages, the traditional consumption and the perception that it is a pure natural mineral water, called the "Queen of Mineral Water". Borsec is also the oldest brand in Romania, with roots from year 1806 and was for decades a synonym for carbonated mineral water. Strong, extensive distribution makes the brand available nationwide and the advertising campaigns focus on how the product provides energy, thus making it sought for intense physical activities.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Small growth rates are expected for bottled water over the forecast period. The fact that Romanian purchasing power is not expected to improve significantly over the forecast period will maintain positive but low rates. The perception of bottled water as healthy compared to tapped water will contribute to the positive growth but this perception will continue to be strong in large cities where incomes would continue to be higher compared to the rest of the country.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Bottled Water industry in Romania with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Bottled Water industry in Romania, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Bottled Water in Romania market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Bottled Water in Romania?
- What are the major brands in Romania?
- How important is the direct selling method of distribution in Romania for bottled water sales?
- What impact have environmental issues (such as sustainable packaging) had on consumer attitudes, category volumes, packaging formulations and/or product innovation in Romania?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bottled Water in Colombia
- Bottled Water in Nigeria
- Bottled Water in Norway
- Bottled Water in Vietnam
- Bottled Water in Russia
- Bottled Water in Turkey
- Global Bottled Water Market 2014-2018
- Bottled Water in Thailand
- Bottled Water in Latvia
- Bottled Water in the US