New Food market report from Euromonitor International: "Breakfast Cereals in Brazil"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/02/2015 -- Convenience and health and wellness are the main drivers of growth in breakfast cereals. While breakfast cereals are traditionally associated with breakfast, increasing purchasing power, combined with more hectic lifestyle leading consumers to look for more convenient food and snack options, are contributing to the increase of breakfast cereals. On the other hand, there is some pressure to reduce the sugar content of some RTE cereals and especially their sodium content. The reduction of sodium is being pushed by the Ministry of Health and ABIA (The Brazilian Food Industry Association), which announced at the beginning of 2013 the goal to reduce the quantity of sodium to 418mg per 100g of product. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the ideal quantity of sodium for adults is 5g per day, while, in Brazil, average consumption is 12g a day.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In 2014, Nestle Brasil Ltda and Kellogg Brasil & Cia are the leading players in breakfast cereals, the former with a 24% retail value share and the latter holding 23%. The competition in brand value sales is fierce with Nestl? leading flakes with Nestl? Corn Flakes and Mo?a Flakes, with a combined 30% value share, and Kellogg leading children?s breakfast cereals with Kellogg?s Sucrilhos taking a 45% value share. The driver of growth for both companies is diversification in terms of flavours and formats. This is illustrated by the introduction of Nestl? Duo, part of the Nescau line, with dark and whitechocolate flavours combined, and Sucrilhos Power in the format of balls and in three different packages (a box of 240g and flowpacks (flexible packaging) of 75g and 20g) aiming to cover different consumer occasions. Both companies also focus on health and wellness with NesFit and Kellness ranges providing, for instance, added-value products targeted mostly towards women and those consumers willing to have a healthier diet and, consequently, a better lifestyle.
Retail value sales of breakfast cereals at constant 2014 prices are expected to increase by a 6% CAGR in the forecast period, to reach BRL1.7 billion in 2019. Convenience, indulgence and health and wellness are expected to remain the main drivers of breakfast cereals in the forecast period. Their easy and fast preparation combined with a larger variety of flavours and packaging sizes will continue to conquer a new consumer base looking for healthier snack options.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Breakfast cereals industry in Brazil with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Breakfast cereals industry in Brazil, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Breakfast cereals in Brazil market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Breakfast cereals in Brazil?
- What are the major brands in Brazil?
- How will increasingly volatile wheat commodity prices impact retail prices and sales performance?
- What are the market opportunities for high fibre products?
- Given mounting concerns over childhood obesity, what does the future hold for children?s breakfast cereal?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Bakery & Cereals Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Bakery & Cereals Market in Argentina to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Bakery & Cereals Market in Brazil to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Bakery & Cereals Market in Chile to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Bakery & Cereals Market in Bulgaria to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape