New Consumer Goods research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/20/2014 -- Demand for deodorants increased strongly for the last five years, excluding the economic crisis of 2009, and products are increasingly visible in a wide variety of retail outlets, including big supermarkets such as Shoprite and Park 'n' Shop. The use of deodorants is not traditional in Nigeria, despite the hot and humid weather, due to low affordability of consumers in the past. However, with increased Westernisation and growing affordability, the category was able to record strong growth from a low base. At 12% in current value terms, the growth rate in 2013 was faster than the review period average of 9% in current value terms. There were more people using deodorants in 2013, and with greater frequency than in the review period, encouraged by producers' increasing marketing activities and consumers' higher incomes.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Unilever Nigeria led deodorants in 2013 with a 29% retail value share. The company markets some of the leading and most popular brands in the category, such as Brut, Sure and Axe, and has an effective distribution network and marketing activities. The company also benefits from its long-standing presence in Nigeria, with consumers trusting the quality of its brands.
It is expected that over the forecast period deodorants will increase by a value CAGR of 1% at constant 2013 prices. As the number of young adults and professionals increases in the forecast period, value sales of deodorants are expected to be boosted by these consumer groups. Furthermore, the positive economic forecast and competition-driven marketing activities will help to push forecast growth.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Deodorants industry in Nigeria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Deodorants industry in Nigeria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Deodorants in Nigeria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Deodorants in Nigeria?
- What are the major brands in Nigeria?
- Which deodorant formats are seeing most dynamic growth?
- What are the key trends in product development?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Deodorants in the United Arab Emirates
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Austria to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Mexico to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Belgium to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Malaysia to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Portugal to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Saudi Arabia to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in the United Kingdom to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in France to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Denmark to 2017