New Consumer Goods research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/06/2014 -- With limited growth potential, deodorants was marked by the ongoing shift of the collective consumer attitude towards more rational purchases and value for money choices in 2013. As a result, deodorants in Portugal declined by 5% in current value terms in 2013, to reach ?69 million. The majority of Portuguese consumers carefully considered their expenditure on essential beauty and personal care products, whilst avoiding any unnecessary expenditure on non-essential products. The country?s rising unemployment rate, which exceeded 17% in 2013, resulted in the importance of unit price increasing in consumers? purchasing decision, and a major polarisation in overall sales in the category. There is a general consensus amongst the leading players in deodorants in Portugal that the producers of mid-priced deodorants were the major losers, due to the marked polarisation process towards the end of the review period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
With the three largest international players generating a combined 65% share of overall value sales in 2013, deodorants can be characterised as quite a concentrated category. During 2013 Unilever Jer?nimo Martins was the leading player in Portugal, with a retail value share of 41%. The company?s success is based on its wide portfolio of mass deodorant brands, including Rexona, Dove, Axe, Vasenol and Brut. Each of the company?s deodorant brands has a clear position in the category, and is carefully segmented according to gender and age group. Unilever Jer?nimo Martins also continued to invest heavily in the extension of its brand ranges and advertising for its deodorant brands. This allowed the company to remain successful and gave it a major advantage over its competitors.
Deodorants is expected to see a negative value CAGR of 4% over the forecast period at constant 2013 prices. As the tendency to reduce unnecessary expenditure will continue, as recovery from the economic downturn is expected to take time, Portuguese consumers are expected to display increasing levels of price awareness during the forecast period, making them reluctant to purchase items which could be regarded as less than essential. When choosing deodorants, the majority of Portuguese consumers are also expected to demonstrate a preference for products which offer superior value for money, as well as actively seeking products which are offered under price discounts.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Deodorants industry in Portugal with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Deodorants industry in Portugal, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Deodorants in Portugal market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Deodorants in Portugal?
- What are the major brands in Portugal?
- Which deodorant formats are seeing most dynamic growth?
- What are the key trends in product development?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Deodorant Creams, Deodorant Pumps, Deodorant Roll-Ons, Deodorant Sprays, Deodorant Sticks, Deodorant Wipes.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Deodorants in the United Arab Emirates
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Austria to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Mexico to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Belgium to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Malaysia to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in the United Kingdom to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Portugal to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Saudi Arabia to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in France to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Denmark to 2017