Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Digestive Remedies in the Netherlands", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/24/2014 -- The 2013 growth rate was broadly in line with the performance of the review period. Digestive remedies continued to see increased penetration, as shown by the gradual rise in sales per capita recorded over the review period. While Dutch consumers tend to prefer opting for prescription drugs rather than OTC, companies have spent a lot to raise awareness and improve health literacy among consumers. This has been done through advertisements and claims that stress the products' ability to treat day-to-day discomfort, such as gastric acidity or indigestion, which a lot of people regularly experience.
Solvay SA was the largest player in digestive remedies in 2013 with 9% value share. The company's leadership stems from two core products: diarrhoeal remedy Norit and laxative Duphalac. Norit has maintained its leading share thanks to its economy positioning and the fact it is a herbal product (activated charcoal), which consumers value as it is considered to be a natural treatment. Duphalac managed to keep up with top brands Dulcolax (Boehringer Ingelheim BV) and Nourilax (Chefaro International BV) and accounted for 15% of laxatives sales in 2013. The product's efficiency is well established among Dutch consumers, despite the availability of generic medicines for its active ingredient lactulose.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The European Medicines Agency (EMA) is expected to authorise the European-wide switch from Rx to non-prescription for Nexium Control, a product manufactured by AstraZeneca. Nexium is a proton-pump inhibitor used to treat the symptoms of acid-related disease, particularly heartburn. Nexium's active ingredient is esomeprazole and the switch is limited to doses of 20mg only. While proton pump inhibitors sales remained negligible in the Netherlands during the review period due to limited product availability and awareness, there may be some opportunities for Nexium to reach a larger public going forward.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Digestive Remedies industry in Netherlands with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Digestive Remedies industry in Netherlands, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Digestive Remedies in Netherlands market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Digestive Remedies in Netherlands?
- What are the major brands in Netherlands?
- Are there any herbal/traditional home-made digestive remedies, like charcoal, which compete strongly with standard medicinal products?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Digestive Remedies in Japan
- Digestive Remedies in Israel
- Digestive Remedies in Saudi Arabia
- Digestive Remedies in the United Kingdom
- Digestive Remedies in Belgium
- Digestive Remedies in Romania
- Digestive Remedies in Switzerland
- Digestive Remedies in Brazil
- Digestive Remedies in Germany
- Digestive Remedies in Portugal