Fast Market Research recommends "Hungary Telecommunications Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/04/2014 -- The main competitive dynamic at play in Hungary is between operators encouraging subscribers to upgrade their handsets or move to higher capacity data services. Overall market saturation and price erosion in traditional services has shifted operator focus to upselling data services, which has begun to yield results. There is however additional pressure on traditional service revenues as a consequence of higher smartphone penetration as users substitute voice and messaging usage to IP alternatives. Meanwhile, in the wireline segment there is a n opportunity for service providers to migrat e users to higher speed services such as cable over DOCSIS3.0 and FTTx, thereby raising ARPU. The medium term outlook is therefore mixed, with operators that position their product to capture growth from customers upgrading services likely to outperform.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The mobile market returned to growth in 2013, however total subscriptions declined again q-o-q in Q114. At the end of March 2014 there were a total of 10.7mn mobile subscriptions, unchanged y-o-y.
- Meanwhile the mobile internet market is booming. NMHH reported a total of 3.095mn active mobile internet subscriptions at the end of 2013, up 29%, making it the outperforming growth segment of Hungary's telecoms market.
- Converged service provision acted as a buffer against fixed-to-mobile substitution in 2013, with fixed-line subscriptions up 2.6% to 3.039mn in Q413.
Key Trends And Developments
Further consolidation looks set to occur in the Hungarian wireline market after it was announced in June 2014 that Invitel Holding owner, Mid Europa Partners, had appointed UK-based financial advisory firm Rothschild Group to sell off the asset. A formal sales process is expected to start in Q314. Mid Europa is considering breaking its Invitel assets into smaller pieces to boost sale prospects. Local mobile operators T-Mobile, Vodafone and Telenor are named as potential...
The Hungary Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Hungary's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Hungary Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Hungary.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Hungary to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Hungarian telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Hungary's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Hungary.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Ratings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Ratings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Ratings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The ratings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2017 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Belgium Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q4 2014