New Consumer Goods market report from Euromonitor International: "Jeans in the United Arab Emirates"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/21/2014 -- Jeans stagnated in terms of growth over the last few years of the review period, with only the growing appetite for luxury and premium clothing items driving growth within certain jeans categories in the UAE. Increasing competition amongst distributors is forcing heavy discounts that are reflected in lower overall value sales growth for jeans. There is also increasing competition from other casual wear offerings as consumers diversify their purchases. Thus, overall growth in value sales terms within jeans is principally driven by the increasing popularity of high-end jeans.
Al Sawani Group continues to lead jeans in terms of value sales; with a 9% share of sales for its Levi?s brand, and 4% with its Replay brand. Azadea Group is the second leading firm with a 4% share of category value with the Zara brand and almost 1% with the Massimo Dutti brand. M H Alshaya Co is the third leading company with a 2% share of value for American Eagle Outfitters and a 2% share for the H&M brand. Al Tayer Group comes fourth in jeans with a 3% share of value sales for its Gap brand. These companies all benefit from owning very large and varied portfolios of competitively priced Western fashion brands, which are very popular in the region and ensures their ability to cater for a range of pockets. For example, Al Sawani Group distributes Levi?s jeans, which are hugely popular as arguably one of the strongest and most important brands in jeans and are part of the premium jeans offering. Similarly, its other brands, such as Replay and Guess, are also considered premium jeans and thus, as a distributor, it has been able to benefit for the rise in uptake of premium and luxury jeans. Azadea Group distributes both the Zara and Massimo Dutti jeans brands, which are not only sought after fashion labels, but also competitively priced, offering a quick turnaround of new collections throughout the year and thus within reach for a wider segment of the population. All these companies also carry jeans products that benefit from brand recognition and popularity, as well as benefitting from wide distribution reach in the country.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The environment for jean?s wear is expected to become even more challenging over the forecast period, as a result of the increasing competition from other forms of apparel such as shorts, trousers and leggings which are typically more suited for wear in the hot and humid climate of the UAE. The growing popularity of Western fashion in the UAE has led to a mushrooming in terms of the numbers and varieties of apparel available to consumers in the UAE. The growing sophistication of apparel in the UAE, the anticipated increase in appetite for luxury and premium items, along with the forecast increase in disposable income of consumers in the region, are set to create an even more competitive and thus more challenging environment for jeans. Therefore, whilst jeans will remain a staple of the majority of expatriates and Western fashion conscious consumers in the UAE, growth opportunities will be limited.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Jeans industry in United Arab Emirates with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Jeans industry in United Arab Emirates, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Jeans in United Arab Emirates market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Jeans in United Arab Emirates?
- What are the major brands in United Arab Emirates?
- How dynamic is the growth of clothing and footwear internet sales?
- What is the performance of women?s clothing vs men?s clothing?
- What % of clothing and footwear sales goes through grocery retailers?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Economy Jeans, Premium Jeans, Standard Jeans, Super Premium Jeans.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Shampoo Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Styling Agents Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Hair Colorants Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Conditioner Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Facial Care Market in the UAE to 2017
- Perms and Relaxers Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Apparel and Footwear in the United Arab Emirates
- Styling Agents Market in the UAE to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in the UAE to 2017