Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Cafes/Bars in Denmark", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/04/2014 -- Caf?s/bars was the best performing major category within consumer foodservice in Denmark over the review period. After the negative consequences of the financial crisis started to affect Danish restaurants, cafeterias, caf?s and bars, among others, all types of players felt that Danes had started to spend less money on eating and drinking out. Caf?s/bars was an area that was hit hard and the sometimes very high current value growth registered in the pre-crisis years of up to 8% was replaced by marginal current value growth in 2008 and a decline of 1% in 2009. This negative result was, however, quickly reversed. Among the chained outlets, Baresso Coffee was the main reason for this, but the category was highly dominated by independent outlets. These independent outlets cater to many different types of consumers, and the concepts of these outlets differ to a great extent, offering everything from premium Italian-style coffee and alcohol including wine and draft beer to home-cooked foods served from morning to evening.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Presenting a clear picture of which outlets are the most popular in Denmark within caf?s/bars is not easy as chained caf?s/bars accounted for only a 7% value share in 2013. Caf?s accounted for a 75% value share of caf?s/bars in 2013, and within caf?s, independent caf?s accounted for a 99% value share. Independent caf?s is consequently the key type of outlet within caf?s/bars in Denmark; however, with regard to the chained outlets that do exist in Denmark, Baresso Coffee led in 2013 with a 4% value share of caf?s/bars. In terms of the number of outlets and the number of transactions, Baresso Coffee also led in 2013 with 1% of the number of outlets (29) and 3% of transactions of caf?s/bars. Starbucks is among the best performing brands within caf?s/bars in Denmark, and in 2013, it expanded from having 3 outlets in 2012 to 10 in 2013. This resulted in a very strong increase in its value sales in percentage terms, but its value share was still only 1% within caf?s/bars.
The most significant story of the forecast period will without a doubt be the expansion of Starbucks in Denmark. Until the end of the review period, the location of Baresso Coffee and Starbucks? outlets differed as Starbucks preferred to place its outlets in Copenhagen Airport and at shopping centres. Baresso Coffee, on the other hand, preferred to place them in the streets in the four largest cities in Denmark, Copenhagen, Arhus, Odense and Aalborg. This means that these brands were not in direct competition with each other as buying a coffee to-go is usually an impulse purchase, something people buy when they see a coffee shop; however, with Starbucks opening an outlet in City Hall Square in Copenhagen, its first on the streets in Denmark, competition between the two may intensify. Most likely what will happen is that sales in general will grow, thus benefiting both companies. Denmark is a coffee-drinking country and grabbing a coffee to-go is popular among busy professionals, and among Danes who just like Baresso Coffee?s products and Starbucks? US image.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Caf?s/Bars industry in Denmark with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Caf?s/Bars industry in Denmark, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cafs/Bars in Denmark market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Caf?s/Bars in Denmark?
- What are the major brands in Denmark?
- What are the growth prospects for specialist coffee shops in Denmark?
- How important are traditional caf?s or bars to the foodservice landscape in Denmark?
- How are domestic specialist coffee shop chains fairing against multinational chains?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Vitamin and Provitamin Markets in the Top 5 Asian Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Consumer Foodservice in Austria
- Consumer Foodservice in Italy
- Consumer Foodservice in South Korea
- Consumer Foodservice in Taiwan
- Consumer Foodservice in Israel
- Vitamin and Provitamin Markets in the Top 5 European Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Vitamin and Provitamin Markets in the Top 5 American Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Leisure and Personal Goods Specialist Retailers in Peru
- In-Car Entertainment in Hungary