New Computer Technology market report from Market Intelligence and Consulting Institute: "Chinese Smart OTT TV: Market Development, Competitive Strategies and Impacts on Incumbent Players"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/05/2014 -- This report presents analysis of market development, competitive strategies and impacts on incumbent players. China’s mobile online service users have grown rapidly but most users still favor free online services; thus, OTT service providers can only rely on ads revenue to pay for huge license fees, CDN (Content Distribution Network) construction costs, as well as platform maintenance and overhead expenses; facing a saturated market for mobile services, TV has shed the light for conventional OTT service operators who seek out for new threads of opportunity.
Meanwhile, the introduction of OTT service operators has triggered price wars in the TV market and has eroded further the profitability of TV brands; controlled by license holders, TV content alone is hard to create differentiation and thus TV UI and app improvements are critical for OTT service operators to increase revenue; lack of applications developed specifically for smart TV experience will pose a significant challenge to future smart TV development."
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
List of Topics:
Global smart OTT TV market and includes the development of Apple's iTV and Google TV
Development of Chinese major OTT STB vendors, namely Xiaomi, BesTV, Letv, PPTV, Wasu, and Skyworth, and includes their industry value chain that is composed of video content and app store providers, broadcasting license holders, hardware developers, gadget manufacturers, and channel distributors
Strategies adopted by Letv, Xiaomi, iQiyi, TLC, and Skyworth (Coocaa TV), Alibaba, Haier, Konka, and Hisense for developing China's smart OTT TV industry and includes impacts on existing players
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Alibaba, Amazon, Apple, ASUS, Baidu, Belkin, BestTV, China Telecom, CNR, CNTV, Disney, D-Link, Foxconn, Funshion, Goji, Google, Haier, HBO, Hisense, Huawei, Huluplus, HunanTV, Intel, iQiyi, Konka, Letv, LG, Logitech, Lumen, Marvell, MediaTek, MLB, NBA, Netflix, Netgear, Philips, PPStream, PPTV, Roku TV, Samsung, Sharp, Skyworth, Sony, Southern Media Co., TCL, Vizio, Wasu, Wistron, Withings, Xiaomi, Youtube
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Gesture Recognition For Smart TV Market - Analysis & Forecast to 2013 - 2020
- OTT Video Market Attractiveness Index - Worldwide Country Rankings, Market Drivers and Positioning Strategies
- Internet of Things Technology and Application Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2014 - 2020
- Europe Gesture Recognition & Touchless Sensing Market (2013 - 2018)
- Americas Gesture Recognition & Touchless Sensing Market (2013 - 2018)
- Smart Factory Market by Technology (SCADA, DCS, PLC, ERP, MES, PLM, MOM), Field Devices (Industrial Network, Robotics, RFID, And Motors & Drives, Relays & Switches, & Sensors), Application (Process, Discrete) - Global Forecast & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- 4K Display Resolution Market - Analysis & Forecast to 2014 - 2020
- Gesture Recognition & Touch-Less Sensing Market - Global Forecasts and Analysis to 2013 - 2020
- Gesture Recognition & Touchless Sensing Market (2013 - 2018)
- Substation Automation Market (2013 - 2018) By Components - IEDS (Digital Relays, Smart meters, Recloser Controller, Capacitor Bank Controller) & Communication Technology (Optical Fiber, PLC, Copper Wire, Ethernet), SCADA & Geography