Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Bath and Shower in Colombia", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/25/2014 -- With a very attractive claim, moisturisers fully entered shower with Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion Skin Conditioning (Acondicionador CorpOral-Bajo la Ducha de Nivea). The shower category has been overcrowded in recent years with several new products (exfoliants or scrubs for specific parts of the body, shower gels for men and women, the so called "splashes" or soft, short-lasting fragrances for the shower and intimate washes for women) changing the way consumers take showers. With more products to use in the shower, time can be a key issue given the faster pace of modern lifestyles. However, flexibility has become key as the product can be used as a shower gel or soap (ideally after soaping and a first rinse at least) during showering to rapidly rinse after being applied. It claims to offer a very fast and convenient full body moisturising, which may displace the traditional after-shower use of body moisturisers that need more time to be applied and to be absorbed by the skin. Nivea is the most famous product as it is strongly advertised, however Sephora, private label from Fedco launched its own shower moisturising cream. This launch may open the door for a whole new series of products with these characteristics.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Colgate-Palmolive leads the category with a 25% value share in 2013. This strong position stems from the addition of its Protex brand, which has recently made inroads in men's grooming, with bar and liquid soap for men, as well as Palmolive, which ranked third in bar soap. The company also has Dorado in bar soap which also enjoys strong recognition among consumers as it co-sponsored the national beauty pageant for several years. Palmolive also made a strong entrance into bath liquid soap, which is outpacing growth of its traditional bar soaps.
Shower is evolving to combine basic personal care and hygiene and more sophisticated and lengthy relaxation and pleasing rituals. Consumers are open to new products that go beyond basic shampoo and soap, either bar or gel. However, those that can be easily rinsed and take less time to apply may be preferred during working or studying days. Products targeted for relaxation and self-indulgence will be preferred for weekends or moments when the user has more time and manufacturers will be mindful of this when positioning new products.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Bath and Shower industry in Colombia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Bath and Shower industry in Colombia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Bath and Shower in Colombia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Bath and Shower in Colombia?
- What are the major brands in Colombia?
- How are sales of private label products evolving?
- What is the importance of intimate washes in the overall category context?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Bar Soap, Bath Additives, Body Wash/Shower Gel, Intimate Hygiene, Liquid Soap, Talcum Powder.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Colombia to 2017
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in Colombia to 2017
- Soap, Bath & Shower Products in Colombia (2014) - Market Sizes
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Mexico to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Peru to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in the United States to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Sweden to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Egypt to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Germany to 2017