Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/22/2014 -- In 2013, bar soap continued to account for the bulk of sales, registering an 82% value share of bath and shower in Guatemala. Bath and shower products have a very high level of penetration, with higher per capita sales compared to many other products. Substitute options are still available but are continuously losing importance given the wide availability of branded items. Investment in product development, promotions and advertising has become heavier in other areas, such as intimate hygiene and body wash/shower gel. Companies have been introducing new products, such as BDF Centroamerica with Nivea Intimo (intimate wash) and Nivea Double Effect (body wash/shower gel), highlighting the growing importance of these two categories.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In 2013, the long-standing leader Colgate-Palmolive Guatemala continued to hold the top position, accounting for a 24% value share. The company's leading position comes as a result of the performance of its brands Protex and Palmolive Naturals. The products are available in modern retailers as well as through the vast number of traditional outlets, where products achieve wide geographical coverage of the country. Given several brand extensions of these products, the company is able to reach consumers searching for different types of products at various price levels.
Bar soap is expected to continue to account for the bulk of sales over the forecast period; however, innovations are predicted to become increasingly important within the category, especially in more-dynamic areas such as body wash/shower gel. As previously seen in other countries in the region, it is expected that in 2014, BDF Centroamerica will introduce its product Nivea Bajo La Ducha. The product is marketed as a body care cream that can be applied in the shower and that serves a double purpose: body care and shower gel.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Bath and Shower industry in Guatemala with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Bath and Shower industry in Guatemala, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Bath and Shower in Guatemala market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Bath and Shower in Guatemala?
- What are the major brands in Guatemala?
- How are sales of private label products evolving?
- What is the importance of intimate washes in the overall category context?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Bar Soap, Bath Additives, Body Wash/Shower Gel, Intimate Hygiene, Liquid Soap, Talcum Powder.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Mexico to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Peru to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in the United States to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Sweden to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Germany to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Egypt to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Indonesia to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Czech Republic to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Romania to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in the UAE to 2017