New Consumer Goods market report from Euromonitor International: "Deodorants in Iran"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/29/2014 -- Deodorants remained an immature category in Iran with a low base and thus great potential for growth. Key urban areas, such as Tehran, Mashhad, Isfahan and Shiraz, have very hot weather, especially during the summer, which means an increasing potential demand for deodorants. As awareness among the majority of consumers remained very low, volume sales in the category were low compared to neighbouring countries, such as the UAE. Key multinationals, such as Unilever, Beiersdorf and Procter & Gamble began massive advertising campaigns to educate consumers about the importance of various forms of deodorants and antiperspirants at the beginning of the review period and this resulted in a healthy growth of per capita consumption. Overall, the category recorded value growth of 39% in 2013, which was higher than the review period CAGR of 29%, reflecting the steady performance of deodorants in Iran.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Shekofa Kish remained the leader in deodorants in 2013, accounting for a 49% value share. The company benefited greatly from the withdrawal of Procter & Gamble from the Iranian market in 2010. Its popular brands, including 8x4 and Nivea, were available even in small grocery outlets and were supported by advertising campaigns in the form of point-of-sale promotions inside stores and billboards.
Deodorants is expected to continue its steady growth over the forecast period, driven by demand from the young Iranian population, especially in key urban, hot areas. The difficult situation of the Iranian economy resulted in a significant rise in the price of fragrances, which can be regarded as an opportunity for the deodorant category. Many former consumers of fragrances, who will not be able to afford these more expensive products, are likely to switch to simpler offerings, such as deodorants, and thus boost demand for the category over the forecast period. However, the general decline in purchasing power and low awareness will likely have a negative impact on growth, which is expected to lead to a weaker performance in value terms at constant 2013 prices compared to the review period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Deodorants industry in Iran with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Deodorants industry in Iran, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Deodorants in Iran market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Deodorants in Iran?
- What are the major brands in Iran?
- Which deodorant formats are seeing most dynamic growth?
- What are the key trends in product development?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Deodorant Creams, Deodorant Pumps, Deodorant Roll-Ons, Deodorant Sprays, Deodorant Sticks, Deodorant Wipes.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Austria to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Mexico to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Malaysia to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Belgium to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Portugal to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Saudi Arabia to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in the United Kingdom to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in France to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Denmark to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in New Zealand to 2017