Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/09/2014 -- Depilatories maintained growth over the review period in spite of consumers becoming more price sensitive than ever and competition from homemade alternatives that are often preferred by Egyptian women. In order to cope with these alternatives, depilatories are continuously subjected to promotions in a range of different distribution channels, specifically in hypermarkets and chained supermarkets that have the ability to absorb these changes in price. Unit prices decreased in 2013 in constant terms, but not as significantly as earlier in the review period. Hair removers/bleaches also saw a decline in constant value unit price which was more prominent than in other years of the review period. High inflation and a lack of confidence in consumer purchasing power has forced distribution channels to fluctuate pricing more often than normal.
Eva Cosmetic Laboratories continues to dominate depilatories and held a 57% value share in 2013 with its own depilatory brand ONE, and Veet, which it distributes on behalf of Reckitt Benckiser. These two brands offer affordable prices and an alternative to the various waxes and bleaches on the market as they come in the form of cream. The company benefits from having access to a wide range of distribution channels and appeals to consumers that prefer to use products other than razors and blades, which is common in Egypt. Both Veet and ONE offer a range of value-added products and provide creams for different skin types.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Depilatories should see an increase in demand due to their convenience and affordable prices during the forecast period. The presence of halawa in the market will still be a source of major competition for all depilatory producers. However, the convenience of using razors and their affordable price in comparison to salons has encouraged consumers to purchase more razors and disposable razors than usual. Consumer trends are expected to be under pressure from on-going economic constraints and are likely to fluctuate depending on disposable income. As a result, growth in depilatories is expected to remain slow during the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Depilatories industry in Egypt with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Depilatories industry in Egypt, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Depilatories in Egypt market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Depilatories in Egypt?
- What are the major brands in Egypt?
- What is the most prevalent format in hair removal products?
- What are the key product development trends in razors and blades?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Hair Removers/Bleaches, Women's Pre-Shave, Women's Razors and Blades.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Depilatories Market in India to 2017
- Depilatories Market in Romania to 2017
- Depilatories Market in Venezuela to 2017
- Depilatories Market in Argentina to 2017
- Depilatories Market in the United States to 2017
- Depilatories Market in Philippines to 2017
- Depilatories Market in Israel to 2017
- Depilatories Market in New Zealand to 2017
- Depilatories Market in Belgium to 2017
- Depilatories Market in Ukraine to 2017