New Consumer Goods research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/08/2014 -- Localisation remained a prominent trend in fragrances during 2013, boosting growth in the category overall. International players continued to launch fragrances based on oud in order to appeal to the United Arab Emirates? local population as well as advertising their existing international brands. These oud-based fragrances include Wood Mystique and Tom Ford Oud Wood by Est?e Lauder, both of which are heavily advertised on billboards lining the main roads, posters in shopping centres and on television. Other players followed suit during 2013, exemplified by L'Or?al?s launch of Lancome L?Autre Oud. This strategy of the leading international companies operating in fragrances was response to the high levels of competition they face from both local and regional players, including Abdul Samed Al Qurashi Co and Arabian Oud Co, both of which cater mainly to local tastes. This, in turn, widened the appeal of international brands and served to boost sales overall in fragrances during 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Abdul Samed Al Qurashi Co maintained its lead in fragrances in 2013 with a value share of 17%. The company?s longstanding presence in the country and across the Gulf region as a whole coupled with its unique local flavour and authenticity ensured that it was able to maintain its leading position due to the high levels of loyalty that its brand inspires among consumers in the United Arab Emirates. The company?s wide portfolio of oud-based fragrances and French-style fragrances with flower and musk scents means that its fragrances appeal to a very wide range of consumers. In addition, many of the foreign tourists flocking to the United Arab Emirates for shopping trips are very keen on taking back authentic Arabian gifts for their friends and family back home, and as such many of them frequent Abdul Samed Al Qurashi?s stores.
Healthy positive value growth is expected to continue developing in the United Arab Emirates over the forecast period, with this growth driven mainly by the continued influx of expatriates to the United Arab Emirates, the majority of whom are drawn by the high salaries, favourable economic climate and the opportunity to indulge in luxury which exists in the United Arab Emirates. In addition, the anticipated surge in the number of foreign tourists visiting the country during the forecast period is also likely to have a positive impact on sales of fragrances. Furthermore, the premiumisation trend is set to continue developing as disposable income levels continue to grow and international companies continue to aggressively promote and advertise their fragrances brands.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Fragrances industry in United Arab Emirates with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Fragrances industry in United Arab Emirates, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Fragrances in United Arab Emirates market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Fragrances in United Arab Emirates?
- What are the major brands in United Arab Emirates?
- What pricing movements are seen across premium and mass fragrances?
- What are the key product development trends?
- How are sales of unisex fragrances performing?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Mass Fragrances, Premium Fragrances.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Unisex Fragrances Market in the UAE to 2017
- Male Fragrances Market in the UAE to 2017
- Female Fragrances Market in the UAE to 2017
- Shampoo Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Styling Agents Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Hair Colorants Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Conditioner Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Facial Care Market in the UAE to 2017
- Perms and Relaxers Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017