Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/10/2014 -- Globally, 41 mobile money services were launched in 2012, and 43% of forecast deployments are in sub-Saharan countries. Operators choose different strategies to address the mobile financial services (MFS) market: One is to deploy services sequentially in each country, with the type of services rolled out determined by a pre-set road map. A less risky strategy is to configure deployments to suit each specific country. This Insider presents two operator case studies: MTN (with its Mobile Money m-money service) and Orange (Orange Money). It concludes with some recommendations. Published for each of the world's most dynamic regions, our Telecom Insiders are packed with trend analysis, industry best practices, market sizing and forecasting, competitor analysis and case studies.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Introduction and Landscape
Mobile financial services (MFS) have huge potential in Africa, where a mere 24% of the population has a bank account but 75% have a mobile phone. Globally in 2012, 41 mobile money services were launched, and m-money deployments will keep growing, with 43% of the forecast worldwide deployments located in sub-Saharan countries. Operators have been developing different strategies to address the MFS market space: One strategy is to deploy services sequentially in each country, with the type of services rolled out determined for all countries by the same road map. This has some risks, however. Another strategy is to configure each service deployment to suit the specific country. A number of factors determine which deployment strategy operators should pursue. To delve deeper into the choices facing operators, this Insider presents case studies of two operators, MTN (with its Mobile Money m-money service) and Orange (with Orange Money), and how they approach the mobile financial services opportunity, looking in particular at deployments across their African affiliates. The Insider concludes with some recommendations. Published for each of the world's most dynamic regions, our Telecom Insiders are packed with trend analysis, industry best practices, market sizing and forecasting, competitor analysis and case studies - information you can leverage to make better business decisions."
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Wireless research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mobile Money: Mobile Payments, Mobile Remittance, Mobile Banking & Mobile Commerce Market - Advanced Technologies, Value Chain, Worldwide Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- From Digital Content to M-Wallets: M-Payment Strategies for Operators
- Africa: Mobile Financial Services Business Models Evolve with Regulations, Consumer Needs and Economic Environment
- Smartphone Strategies: How Devices Can Revitalize the Role of Operators in the Mobile Ecosystem
- LTE Strategy 2013 - 2018
- LTE Business Strategy 2013
- Mobile and Wireless Backhaul Market [by Equipment (Microwave, Millimeter Wave, Sub 6 Ghz, Test And Measurement), by Services (Network, System Integration, Professional)] - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- The Definitive Guide to 4G Technology and LTE Business Intelligence
- Wireless Telecommunication Services in South Africa
- Mobile Network Operator Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Strategies