New Consumer Goods market report from Euromonitor International: "Refrigeration Appliances in Brazil"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/11/2015 -- In 2014, refrigeration appliances posted a 5% decline in retail volume sales, registering a total of 7 million units. This performance was the result of the worsening of macroeconomic scenario in the year, when the GDP posted real growth close to zero and inflation remained persistent, hovering above the central bank?s 2.5%-6.5% target band. This contributed to reduced consumer confidence, which had a stronger negative impact on durable goods.
Whirlpool maintained its leading position within refrigeration appliances in 2014 holding 43% volume share. The company has a wide portfolio including the popular Consul and Brastemp brands, which attract consumers at a variety of price points. In 2013, the company opened its new production facility in Santa Catarina state for fridge freezers, increasing its production capacity by 10%, especially for products with reduced energy consumption of up to 35%, such as the Brastemp Inverse maxi, a bottom freezer device, 90% recyclable, which can also notify the user when products reach their expiry date and make out a shopping list.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
As the macroeconomic scenario does not show signals of recovery, weak demand is expected to remain over 2015. In addition, the high penetration of refrigeration appliances in Brazilian households highlights that the category had already achieved the peak of volume sales. Therefore, refrigeration appliances is expected to post a volume CAGR of -2% over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Refrigeration Appliances industry in Brazil with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Refrigeration Appliances industry in Brazil, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Refrigeration Appliances in Brazil market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Refrigeration Appliances in Brazil?
- What are the major brands in Brazil?
- What is the preferred refrigeration capacity size?
- What are the growth prospects for fridge freezers over the medium term?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Refrigeration Appliances in Romania
- Refrigeration Appliances in Italy
- Refrigeration Appliances in Malaysia
- Refrigeration Appliances in Japan
- Refrigeration Appliances in Singapore