Fast Market Research recommends "Reinsurance in the Netherlands, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" from Timetric, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/21/2014 -- In terms of written premium, the Netherlands' insurance industry is one of the global leaders. During the review period (2008-2012) the nation's reinsurance segment registered negative growth due to the adverse effect of the global financial crisis and subsequent European debt crisis. Overall, the premium ceded to reinsurance recorded a review-period compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -2.3%. The life and personal accident and health insurance segments held retentions above 90%, indicating an underutilization of reinsurance as a risk management tool. Moreover, the non-life segment, which previously displayed a reliance on reinsurers for the purposes of sharing risk, recorded a decline in the percentage of premium ceded from 18.9% in 2008 to 15.8% in 2012. This was due to intense competition in the segment, which forced non-life insurers to reduce premiums.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Growth in the Dutch reinsurance segment during the review period was variable, and affected by demand trends in the insurance industry
- During the review period (2008-2012) the nation's reinsurance segment registered negative growth due to the adverse effect of the global financial crisis and subsequent European debt crisis
- The Netherland's reinsurance segment contains both domestic and foreign reinsurers
- The segment is not highly competitive such as the non-life and life segment. ING Re held a 75.2% share of the segment's gross written premiums in 2012
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in the Netherlands:
- It provides historical values for the Netherlands's reinsurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Netherlands's reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in the Netherlands and its growth prospects.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Dutch reinsurance segment and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Dutch reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Dutch insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: ING Re (Netherlands) NV, Achmea Reinsurance Company NV, Unive Her NV, Rabo Herverzekeringsmaatschappij NV, ABN AMRO Captive NV, Metro Reinsurance NV, Global Re NV, Nationale-Nederlanden Levenseverzekering Maatschappij, Blue Square Re NV, Stichtsche Onderlinge Brand-Herverzekering UA
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017