Fast Market Research recommends "Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Italy" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/20/2014 -- The worsening of the Italian economy has led Italians to reduce their spending on non-essentials and only purchase products when absolutely necessary. This trend does not favour categories which offer more long-term benefits, such as vitamins and dietary supplements. Although more and more consumers became familiar with these products over the review period, many Italians started to forgo buying vitamins and dietary supplements as they could not justify spending on them. With the current economic situation, only a minority of Italians continued to purchase vitamins and dietary supplements in 2013. These consumers have a greater appreciation of innovations and more ad-hoc products targeted at the specific needs of various groups.
Sanofi-Aventis remained the leading company in vitamins and dietary supplements in 2013 with a 9% value share thanks to its Enterogermina brand. It was closely followed by Whitehall Italia, Bayer and Aboca with shares of 7% each. The leading brands in Italy in 2013 were Enterogermina, Supradyn (Bayer), Aboca and Polase and Centrum (both Whitehall).
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Over the forecast period vitamins and dietary supplements is expected to see an increasing number of private label lines as well as products targeting more specific needs and age groups. The leading retailer Coop, which is the only retailer currently offering its own line of private label OTC products, called ?Coop Salute?, is likely to invest in expanding its range as Italian consumers increasingly use the pharmacy corners in supermarkets and hypermarkets. Moreover, highly specialised products, for example with a beauty, immune system or mood/relaxing positioning, are likely to attract more consumers over the forecast period, particularly professionals living hectic lives in the cities.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Italy with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Italy, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Italy market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Italy?
- What are the major brands in Italy?
- Which dietary supplement grew the fastest in the past year?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Dietary Supplements, Paediatric Vitamins and Dietary Supplements, Tonics and Bottled Nutritive Drinks, Vitamins.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Japan
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Iran
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Romania
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Finland
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in South Korea
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in New Zealand
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Canada
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Dominican Republic
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in the US
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Denmark