Fast Market Research recommends "Womenswear in South Africa" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/27/2014 -- There was a growing focus on fashion among South African women during the review period, which encouraged women to update their wardrobes more frequently. However, women also faced rising debt levels towards the end of the review period, which resulted in stronger sales via price promotions. Women became more likely to shop around in search of the best price, while retailers became more likely to offer discounts in order to drive sales.
Truworths was the leading player in womenswear in the last two years of the review period and accounted for 15% value share in 2013. The company benefits from a wide-reaching store network and a wide range of prices, including higher-priced brands targeting mid- to high-income consumers and affordable private label products. The company also continued to be fairly generous in accepting consumer credit applications in the year, thus attracting many consumers keen to shop on credit. As a result, the company gained almost a percentage point in value share in 2013 over the previous year.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The leading players are expected to tighten credit availability in womenswear in the forecast period. A number of the leading players faced difficulties in 2013 due to a rise in non-performing loans, with many consumers overextending themselves in terms of lending and incurring high debt levels. Edcon and Truworths have notably announced plans to tighten their consumer lending criteria. This trend is expected to particularly benefit cash-based retailer Mr Price, due to this player offering low prices and ensuring rapid stock rotation in order to keep up with changing fashion trends.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Womenswear industry in South Africa with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Womenswear industry in South Africa, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Womenswear in South Africa market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Womenswear in South Africa?
- What are the major brands in South Africa?
- How dynamic is the growth of clothing and footwear internet sales?
- What is the performance of women's clothing vs men's clothing?
- What % of clothing and footwear sales goes through grocery retailers?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Womenswear Market in South Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Womenswear in South Africa
- Apparel Market in South Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Furniture Market in South Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Travel and Tourism in South Africa to 2017
- The Future of the Haircare Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Skincare Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Male Toiletries Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape