Fast Market Research recommends "Digestive Remedies in Italy" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/21/2014 -- Gastrointestinal problems remain the most common conditions treated by OTC products in Italy due to increasingly hectic lifestyles. According to a recent study by ANIFA (National Association of OTC Medicines), over 60% of Italians are affected by gastrointestinal issues at least once a year. Among the most common complaints are stomach acid, poor digestion and diarrhoea as a result of stress and over-indulgence. According to the study, Italian consumers treat these problems mainly with OTC digestive remedies. This trend sustained sales in 2012 and 2013. Moreover, the increasing economic difficulties witnessed by Italians also strongly affected people?s digestive habits. Italians are consuming more convenient and unhealthy meals, which benefited sales of indigestion and heartburn remedies.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In 2013, Mcneil, with its Imodium brand, was the leading player in digestive remedies in Italy, accounting for a 12% share of value sales. Bayer ranked second with an 8% value share, followed by Sanofi-Aventis and Boehringer Ingelheim with a 7% share each. Maalox from Sanofi-Aventis was the second most important brand, with a presence in categories such as antacids as well as proton pump inhibitors. Sanofi's other key brand was S Pellegrino Magnesia in antacids. Other major brands in Italy include Pursennid from Novartis, Dissenten from Societ? Prodotti Antibiotici and Microclismi glicerolo from Carlo Erba.
According to OsMed (National Observatory for the Use of Medicines), the ongoing economic crisis is leading to Italians becoming less healthy and indulging in short-term pleasures such as smoking and drinking. This tendency also involves eating more convenience foods and unhealthy meals, which is having an impact on digestive systems. The category is expected to benefit from this trend, particularly indigestion and heartburn remedies, which is predicted a value CAGR of 2% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Digestive Remedies industry in Italy with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Digestive Remedies industry in Italy, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Digestive Remedies in Italy market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Digestive Remedies in Italy?
- What are the major brands in Italy?
- Are there any herbal/traditional home-made digestive remedies, like charcoal, which compete strongly with standard medicinal products?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Diarrhoeal Remedies, IBS Treatments, Indigestion and Heartburn Remedies, Laxatives, Motion Sickness Remedies, Paediatric Digestive Remedies.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Digestive Remedies in Japan
- Digestive Remedies in Israel
- Digestive Remedies in Saudi Arabia
- Digestive Remedies in the United Kingdom
- Digestive Remedies in Belgium
- Digestive Remedies in Romania
- Digestive Remedies in Brazil
- Digestive Remedies in Germany
- Digestive Remedies in Portugal
- Digestive Remedies in South Korea