Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/30/2014 -- In 2013, French consumers sought healthier juices while at the same time paying attention to prices and the origin of products, especially in the off-trade. Around 70% of off-trade volumes were intended for breakfast, a meal during which consumers prefer more natural products with less sugar and which offer vitamins and minerals to provide energy and maintain health. In 2013, in line with this growing demand for healthy juices, manufacturers launched more products with no preservatives or artificial colourings as well as juices with a reduced sugar content. They also invested in PET bottles and bigger packaging in order to offer better value for money to off-trade consumers, while at the same time introducing new references which are 100% made in France.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Private label, with a 32% off-trade volume share and a 19% off-trade value share, led juice in 2013. Private label offered a wide range of products at very competitive prices so as to satisfy the needs of all consumers. In 2013, private label saw its value sales increase but at a lower rate than the wider category. As a result, it slightly lost share. Consumers preferred branded products, in part because the difference in price compared to private label was lower due to the growing offer of bigger PET packs from branded players.
In order to improve their sales and compete with private label, the undeniable leader in the off-trade, branded players are expected to invest heavily in juice over the forecast period. On the one hand, they are likely to invest in healthier products in order to respond to the growing health and wellness trend. On the other, they will also tend to use packaging to reduce price per litre, notably via the launch of PET bottles and bigger packs of 1.5-litres or more. At the same time, to maintain a high level of awareness, they are likely to invest in advertising and promotion at the point of sale.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Fruit/Vegetable Juice industry in France with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Fruit/Vegetable Juice industry in France, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Fruit/Vegetable Juice in France market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Fruit/Vegetable Juice in France?
- What are the major brands in France?
- What are the flavour trends in fruit juice and vegetable juice?
- What is the market share of smoothies in the 100% juice sector? Have there been any new product launches in the last year?
- What is the key on-trade distribution for fruit juice and vegetable juice in France?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: 100% Juice, Cereal/Pulse-based Drinks, Fruit-Flavoured Drinks (No Juice Content), Juice Drinks (up to 24% Juice), Nectars (25-99% Juice).
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice Markets in the World to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice Markets in the Top 5 European Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice Markets in the Top 5 American Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice Markets in Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice Markets in Americas to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice Markets in Western Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice Markets in the Top 5 Asian Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice Markets in Eastern Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice Markets in Asia to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice Markets in Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts