Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/03/2014 -- Asian speciality drinks in Thailand still mainly consists of Asian juice drinks and Asian RTD tea, while cereal/pulsed-based drinks and other Asian speciality drinks do not have very high share. One major trend affecting the category was the strong competition among several brands in Asian still RTD tea. The launching of Ishitan in 2011 influenced overall share. Ishitan by Mai Tan Co Ltd was founded by the former executive director of Oishi Group; therefore the product line as well as flavours of Ishitan green tea is very similar to Oishi green tea. Ishitan carried out a lot of marketing tactics to increase sales and within a short period of time stood out as one of the major brands. The high growth rate of Asian still RTD tea accordingly drove the growth of Asian specialty drinks.
Oishi Group led sales in 2012. Even though it dropped by four percentage points to 37% retail volume share in 2012, Oishi remained as leader. This is because its main product Oishi green tea is the pioneer of green tea product in Thailand. The long-term reputation has built brand loyalty among consumers. Although there are many other brands entering, Oishi is still the main brand that consumers trust in quality and taste. Combined with the trend of green tea that is highly adored in Thailand, Oishi green tea wins over other products.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Asian specialty drinks is predicted to record a 13% total volume CAGR, which will be much slower than the review period CAGR of 23%. This will be due to the trend for drinking RTD tea maturing. However it will still be able to maintain a positive tendency.
Fountain sales of soft drinks continued to record positive moderate growth of 4% through convenience stores and 3% through on-trade in 2012. The key product of fountain sales in Thailand remained carbonates with some presence of fruit juices and RTD tea, although with much lower volume sales.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Asian Speciality Drinks industry in Thailand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Asian Speciality Drinks industry in Thailand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Asian Speciality Drinks in Thailand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Asian Speciality Drinks in Thailand?
- What are the major brands in Thailand?
- Who are the key consumers of Asian Speciality drinks in Thailand?
- Are there specific cultural reasons for consuming Asian Speciality drinks like green tea?
- What recent packaging innovation and market trends have appeared in the past year?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Asian Speciality Drinks in Vietnam
- Asian Speciality Drinks in China
- Asian Speciality Drinks in France
- Asian Speciality Drinks in the Netherlands
- Asian Speciality Drinks in the United Kingdom
- Asian Speciality Drinks in Japan
- Asian Speciality Drinks in Malaysia
- Asian Speciality Drinks in South Korea
- Asian Speciality Drinks in Germany
- Asian Speciality Drinks in Hong Kong, China