New Beverages research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/06/2014 -- Despite strong attempts by the biggest Slovenian brewery, Pivovarna La?ko, in 2011 and 2012 to introduce cider to the Slovenian public as an alternative to beer, the product is still mainly seen as a traditional drink produced in rural areas. The newly launched cider by Pivovarna La?ko in 2011, iC-Cider, did not succeed in convincing the Slovenian public to opt for this product despite strong advertising support and promotions. As the reason for the bad performance partially stems from the weak consumer purchasing power, according to some trade sources the main problem was in the low quality of the product and also the taste which did not convince consumers to keep buying it also after they satisfied their initial curiosity. The brewery might also have made a mistake to position the product on the same price level as beer and consider it as a trendy, premium product.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The cider/perry category is still in its early stages of development in Slovenia; therefore strong foreign brands have limited presence in the country, which is increasing. The leader in this category remained domestic manufacturer Alp Peca doo, which lost one percentage point and finished 2013 with 39% volume share. The biggest loser of this year was another domestic company, Pivovarna La?ko, which removed its iC-Cider product, introduced in 2011, from the market due to the lack of demand.
As the cider/perry category in Slovenia is still underdeveloped, the future carries a nice opportunity to increase the popularity of these products; however, as the case of Pivovarna La?ko showed, this is possible only by proper positioning of the introduced products. As cider remains seen as a traditional product within the low-budget segment, produced domestically and in rural areas, much can be done in the premium segment by introducing products of higher quality and by proper marketing approach.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cider/Perry industry in Slovenia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cider/Perry industry in Slovenia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cider/Perry in Slovenia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cider/Perry in Slovenia?
- What are the major brands in Slovenia?
- Is premiumisation expected to continue to be an important driver in cider?
- Who are the key consumers of cider: men, women, younger or older consumers?
- Where is cider mainly consumed- at home or away from home?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Leisure and Personal Goods Specialist Retailers in Peru
- In-Car Entertainment in Hungary
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market in Colorectal Cancer to 2019 - Favorable Pricing Policy in the US and Rising Prevalence in Europe and Japan Ensures Market Growth
- Medical Device Market in Colombia to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in Eastern Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Consumer Foodservice in Romania
- Construction and Mining Machinery Markets in the World to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Medical Device Market in Azerbaijan to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Menswear Markets in Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Menswear Markets in Western Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts