New Consumer Goods research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/09/2014 -- Mens outerwear (including jeans) continued to grow in 2013, establishing its position as a key driver of value sales of overall apparel and footwear in Germany. While womens outerwear saw a decline in volume sales and remained flat in value terms, mens outerwear grew by 1% in current value terms. Male consumers did not necessarily shop for more items compared to the previous year but showed more interest in premium items with higher price tags. This was especially true among middle-aged men. There was a strong shift towards slim fit cuts within mens outerwear including jeans, which served to underline mens style and sense of fashion. Men also sought individual-style outfits, with particularly mens shirts and suits bought to make a fashion statement, with both increasing by 2% in current value terms.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
H&M led mens outerwear in 2013, growing its value sales by 4% to reach an overall 8% value share, up from 7% in 2012. This share gain was partly due to the company launching the updated David Beckham Bodywear collection in 2013. Within mens underwear, nightwear and swimwear, H&M posted a significant sales increase of 11% in 2013. The strong domestic player C&A ranked second in the highly fragmented mens outerwear category with a value share of 4%. C&A benefited from its reputation as a competitively-priced and good quality brand.
Over the forecast period mens outerwear is set to remain fairly flat in both volume and value terms at constant 2013 prices. This performance will be determined by a gradual decline in the German population. Over 2013-2018 the male population is expected to shrink by 1%. While mens interest in dressing well and maintaining a good appearance will likely continue to offset any major decline in average unit price, increasingly strong competition in mens outerwear is expected to limit unit price growth.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Menswear industry in Germany with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Menswear industry in Germany, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Menswear in Germany market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Menswear in Germany?
- What are the major brands in Germany?
- How dynamic is the growth of clothing and footwear internet sales?
- What is the performance of women?s clothing vs men?s clothing?
- What % of clothing and footwear sales goes through grocery retailers?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Men's Outerwear, Men's Underwear, Nightwear and Swimwear.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Menswear Markets in the World to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Menswear Markets in Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Menswear Markets in Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Menswear Markets in Western Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Menswear Markets in Eastern Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Menswear Markets in Asia to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Menswear Markets in Americas to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Menswear Markets in the Top 5 European Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Menswear Markets in the Top 5 American Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Menswear Markets in the Top 5 Asian Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts