New Food research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/08/2014 -- Sales through street stalls/kiosk were briefly negatively influenced by the civil unrest which struck Egypt during 2013 as the curfews which were imposed by the Egyptian military in the wake of the 30 June uprising meant that nobody was out on the streets during the evening, which made it impossible for street stalls/kiosks to operate during the period subject to curfew. Nonetheless, sales performed well overall over the course of the entire year due to the fact that the first half of 2013 was a period of relative stability and economic instability has meant lower incomes, which led many Egyptian consumers to become more dependent on cheaper consumer foodservice outlets.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Street stalls/kiosks is a consumer foodservice channel in which only independent players were present throughout the review period. The unattractiveness of investing in the category for chained companies is based on the low profit margins on offer for franchisors, while benefits such as strong brand recognition and operational expertise are less relevant in street stalls/kiosks than other consumer foodservice channels.
Low-income consumers comprise the vast majority of the Egyptian population and the proportion of low-income people among the population is increasing, a trend which is being fuelled by high annual population growth of 2% and rising poverty. For this reason informal consumer foodservice channels such as street stalls/kiosks are likely to continue flourishing in the country during the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Street Stalls/Kiosks industry in Egypt with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Street Stalls/Kiosks industry in Egypt, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Street Stalls/Kiosks in Egypt market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Street Stalls/Kiosks in Egypt?
- What are the major brands in Egypt?
- How prevalent are chained street stalls or kiosks in Egypt?
- Are any foodservice operators using the street stall or kiosk format to expand into other semi-captive locations or to reach a broader audience?
- What is the average sales per outlet for an independent street stall/kiosk in Egypt?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Chained Street Stalls/Kiosks, Independent Street Stalls/Kiosks.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in South Korea
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in the United Kingdom
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in the Netherlands
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in Thailand
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in Mexico
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in Vietnam
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in the United Arab Emirates
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in France
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in Sweden
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in Italy